Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL full ring AKs

Old
2NL full ring AKs - Sun Apr 08, 2012, 06:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011

The villain was new to the table (6hands)..By posting this hand i would like to ask about these spots in which we face a min raise post flop against a weak shortstack..I have observed so many hands in which the min raises are bluffs or at the most semi -bluffs..Do share your thoughts on this..

Old
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 11:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
that really depends per villain,

usually weak player minraise with monsters (trips or better) some with two pair. and raise more as (semi)bluffs. with stronger opponents it differs per opponent.

Old
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 08:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar
I play at the 2nl full ring tables too and I think, for the most part, that min-raises mean huge strength. If you are using a hud you should be able to tell who the maniacs are.

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 11:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi nee,

Min-raises are often a sign of strength when made by weaker players. In the case of a bad short stacker this could mean anything though. Regardless, we have a low spr spot and a big draw, plus showdown value vs. other draws... this is a very easy get it in spot imo, you played it perfectly.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
Yes i do agree min raises are signs of strength..but i have even observed quite often these days ..people trying to min raise with a mediocre hand..or very weak 1 pair type hands (thinking that they might catch hold of a bluff cheaply ..and try to scare the raiser)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com