Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

33 vs. loose, limpy preflop player.

Old
33 vs. loose, limpy preflop player. - Tue Apr 10, 2012, 03:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi al

Last edited by rule110; Thu Apr 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Rule,

I don't really have the same read, that he can have lots of different draws and overcard combos. There are very few legit draws possible, only 75 and 85 provide 8 out draws. And I would never put a player on check-raising with naked overs unless I'd seen them doing this before.

If he is the type to be punting his stack with just overs, then calling and letting actually punt it is probably better since he will fold all his bluffs to your strong 3B action. I think you got lucky that you were ahead as he actually had one of the legit straight draws, but vs. his check-raising/get it in vs. your 3B range you are a big underdog imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com