Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

trip to vegas

Old
trip to vegas - Tue Apr 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Hi all,
I live in the uk and play in live tournaments once/twice a week. But feel for all the knowledge on this site cannot put it into practice, either its nerves or i dont want to look foolish or i dont want to bust out. I am therefore planning a trip to vegas on 17th of may for 1 week to completely poker myself to death in all range of tournys. Do you think this will help my game? Do you think its a wise move? I have been before but with the wife (so didnt get to play many tournys) any advice appreciated.

Old
Wink
Hi there! - Tue Apr 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Welcome to PSO and the forum and PokerStars!

Any trip to Vegas is a good trip to Vegas in my opinion and the more experience you can get playing poker the better!

Its hard to say if its a good move on your part as I don't know what kind of Poker roll you have, however if you can afford it than why not play some games! You don't have to play everthing in sight, try a little bit of the cash games, some sit n goes and a few mtts, like maybe a rebuy along with a freezeout to gain experience in both and to see which best suits your game.
If you find your playing good in something then stick with it and maybe play some more of that game type. Maybe try some omaha and other games too for fun

Enjoy yourself at PSO and feel free to browse here for more information on how to get the most out of the site and community here!
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...erSchoolOnline

Old
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 03:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andewalker View Post
Hi all,
Do you think this will help my game? Do you think its a wise move?
Welcome to PSO andewalker,

A Vegas trip would be fun and exciting and I'd jump at the chance if I got one.......

I'm not sure it would be a huge help when it comes to improving your game though. Sure it's a learning experience but the pack of cards is universal around the world. You could learn just as much by buying into a bigger local tournament near you or here online by studying some of the free material at the school.

Either way, may the felt be good to you and it's great to see you here at PSO.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
where do i start - Wed Apr 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2012
Thanks for the reply, wow didnt realise how much knowledge is here. As just looked at library where do i start. Quite impressed with thelangolier.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com