Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL fullring AKo..

Old
2NL fullring AKo.. - Tue Apr 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011

The villain was playing 19/0 over 59 hands..looked like a tight passive to me..I thought he would be having two pair hands here like AJ,A9,AQ..or a set probably...Was this a bad play?

Old
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi nee,

I think your fold is good personally. Your stats don't address the villains post flop play, only preflop, but he is certainly passive pre and is taking a very strong post flop line... the only hand you're really beating here is AT, and if he plays even somewhat passively post flop he's very unlikely to raise your flop bet with this holding, I would think he'd mostly be raising with AQ+ (not sure if he would even raise AQ, but you can't even beat AQ on the turn any more). If you call again on the turn you have to play the river out of position which will make it hard to get value if you improve and likely leaving you facing another value bet that is tough to call anyway.

The guy is not super tight (19%) but certainly has been totally passive preflop so far, the way to beat guys like this is to win the war of small pots, and don't pay them off when they hit a big hand. So good laydown imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com