Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

poker sadness

Old
poker sadness - Wed Apr 11, 2012, 04:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi all as been a while, as suggested I have been gripping my teethe and grinding away, but sadly to no prevail.
I must stress this post is not a bad beat post so please mods leave it here lol. I no longer do the bad beats thing, its all a part of the game so no longer do i worry about bad beats,lol well thats my thinking at the moment lol.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Ok the hand above is an example of whats happening, 27 people left in the 4k gauranteed and well you can see what happened. This as happened now on 3 occassions when in the top 30ish grrr lol.

However of a huge surprise to me and probably a bigger shock for you I never even swore once lol or even blinked an eye, I really kept my cool and shruged it off,shrugged of 3 times now with the aces i must be improved with my mindset.

So anyway after writing my drule lol, to the ?.

Am i right in thinking, that as long as i keep putting myself in these situations i.e top 30 in mtt gauranteeds, one day my aces will hold up or other hand i may stress,and indeed then i will see the final tables more often?.

Feeling a bit down at the moment, hence the title.

Old
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Well, one can certainly not blame the both of ya's for getting it all in.

The one thing that's always bothered me about these 'close to the final table' scenarios is that my stack is likely about to make some stranger a pile of money and my kid's in 5th year engineering and tuition's through the roof and textbook prices are gouging me and my lawn mower's not starting and I commute 50 miles a day and gas just went up again and I don't even get a thank you beer out of it.

Uh...okay....maybe a few things.........

But there is a silver lining. I've never met the PS programmer, and as such remain a free man with no upcoming appearances before the magistrate.

Old
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Dude you are impoving as a poker player. The thing is with large field MTT's is that the variance can be an excruciating nightmare. The MTT grind is HARD and it will test your patience. I am not fan of variance and im sure not many poker players are, this is why you see a lot of winning players playing sng's/cash/180's to reduce the blow to our bankroll when we play MTT's.

As for your question about seeing the final table more often if your hands hold... then sure this is correct. Just remember that a solid winning player will only cash 1/6 - 1/7 large field MTT's.

Keep it up and dont swear lol GL

Old
Thu Apr 12, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
thx guys

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com