Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Videos

Old
Videos - Wed Apr 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi I am having problems watching the videos, I have the latest adobe flash player installed, what is happening is only part of the video is loading , the length of the video loading varies everytime I try and then the video freezes or the circular graphic in the middle of the screen appears.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my internet connection, any help would be appreciated thankyou.

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 06:33 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Rex!

I haven't had that happen to me, but do know that the first two things I'd look at are the internet connection and also the browser, if I knew I had the newest version of Adobe Flash. Try using a different browser and see if that helps, if not, then I'd look to see if my internet connection is dropping while the video is trying to load.

Good luck and please let us know what happens with it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Training video files not downloading completely. - Wed Apr 18, 2012, 07:03 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73REX73 View Post
Hi I am having problems watching the videos, I have the latest adobe flash player installed, what is happening is only part of the video is loading , the length of the video loading varies everytime I try and then the video freezes or the circular graphic in the middle of the screen appears.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my internet connection, any help would be appreciated thankyou.
I have exactly the same problem. My internet connection is good. Stream live high definition TV, download DVD size files with no interruptions or any other problems.

I've tried everything. Two different computers and multiple browsers, cleaned out the cache, set maximum storage in the settings on each attempt.

And exactly what 73REX73 said "the length of the video loading varies everytime I try". Actually it's the total file size not downloading completely.

The run time to watch a video maybe 45min - 1 hour but download time should only be 10min at most. Unfortunately it stops at a random point 30sec, 8min, 2min etc.. It is the same from pokerstars.tv as it is from the PSO training video servers.

IMO the problem must be related to how these large files are served through the videojuicer JWplayer wrappers over the internet combined with the server speed.

Any length videos are fine from other hosting servers like youtube.

Is this just a UK problem? Please post here if you have this problem.

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey guys,

thanks for posting this issue. Unfortunately we need more information before we can try investigating the issue and hopefully fix it.

Please keep us updated,
Thanks
Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 09:44 AM
(#5)
I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer to try and watch a video, but always the same problem, with Google Chrome I was able to watch about 30 mins of a video alot less with the others.

What other information do you need?

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
I unfortunately have the same problem

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
It is the same from pokerstars.tv as it is from the PSO training video servers.
All our Live Training videos from October 2011 on are housed on the PS.tv server, so when you watch one through PSO it's pulling from PS.tv on the back end. However I think the older Live Training videos may still be housed differently, the intention is to move them all over to PS.tv eventually but I'm not sure it's been done yet.

Can you try viewing one of the old videos please and advise if it's the same experience as the newer ones? Just pick any of my early vids, session 1-10 should suffice, and see if it has any load problems. It might make a difference in isolating the issue.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Screen captures - Fri Apr 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
(#8)
Hi,

We have 3 people in the UK experiencing the same problem. Probably need a larger sample size.

@TheLangolier

It seems to be the same from the older and new pokerstars.tv servers. I have put some red pen marks in the attached file to show how far the video has downloaded. I can't see any commonality.

I tested an early session I had tried to watch before about commitment using firefox and it stopped downloading quite quickly (2 images) - videojuicer wrapper.

Second I tested a later session #75 this time I mixed it up between firefox and internet explorer (4 images) - JWplayer wrapper.

trainingvids.jpg

Hope this helps.

Old
Sat May 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
(#9)
I am still experiencing the same problems trying to play the videos, I have just tried to play the Semi Bluffing and 3-Betting Essentials videos and I am unable to play the whole video on both these lessons.

Old
Sat May 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
(#10)
Hi 73REX73. I do not know what the solution to your problem is, but I will investigate and let you know. Since it is the weekend, it may take a couple of days. Keep checking back in case I need some more details.

Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 26, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#11)
Same here.

Again just picked one from the site header on semi-bluffing theory.

Two attempts stopped downloading at about 40% and then 50% of total file size.

I paused both at 1:18
Attached Images
File Type: jpg semibluff1.jpg (15.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg semibluff2.jpg (13.5 KB, 4 views)

Old
Video problems - Mon May 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
(#12)
Sorry fornot getting back to you sooner, but both my power and internet were out most of the day. I have found that some other people are having your problem and some are not. Unfortunately I could not find anybody with a solution. So I am going to pass you on to support which you can contact by email at support@pokerschoolonline.com.

Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 08:32 PM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2012
Hi John:

I was checking this out. Is there a place to play poker games on PSO?
Jan

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 08:59 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by starriepath View Post
Hi John:

I was checking this out. Is there a place to play poker games on PSO?
Jan
Hi Jan!

Welcome to the forum!

Since it looks like you're from the US, the only games that are available as of now are the play money home games. Here's a link to them. Unfortunately, the members that live in the US (me included) can only play for play money.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
(#15)
Are other members still having problems with the videos ?

After PSO was revamped I was able to watch a video and thought the problem had been solved, but not now.

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
After PSO was revamped I was able to watch a video and thought the problem had been solved, but not now.
Hi Rex,

What video are you trying to watch, or are you having difficultly watching all videos? What happens when you try to view it?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 12:35 PM
(#17)
Quote:

Yes still same problem as you described at the beginning of the thread.

It has been forwarded to support on 12 Sept but not heard back yet. Made a short video describing the problem >here< same as you?

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Yes still same problem as you described at the beginning of the thread.
Ah yes, the download issue, cheers Forrest.

Yes this has definetly been reported but like Forrest said, we haven't heard anything back yet.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#19)
Since: Dec 2011
yep me too...got 6MB signal so no problem there, as a whizzy Mac, but the Video I watched today by Celina on Fifty-Fifty SNG took ages...just had the refresh circle in the middle of the (video) screen.

I went and made a cup of char, and by which time it had loaded.

Last edited by WeaselBasher; Tue Sep 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: tidy-up

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com