Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl 6max QQ-should i have let this one go?

Old
5nl 6max QQ-should i have let this one go? - Thu Apr 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
PokerStars Zoom Hand #79052293215: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2012/04/18 5:59:26 ET
Table 'Donati' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: sergen1984 ($2.79 in chips)
Seat 2: Nashy1996 ($14.52 in chips)
Seat 3: Streln ($12.41 in chips)
Seat 4: valuepeter ($7 in chips)
Seat 5: csozso ($9.71 in chips)
Seat 6: _Sashunya_86 ($6.09 in chips)
Nashy1996: posts small blind $0.02
Streln: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Nashy1996 [Qs Qh]
valuepeter: folds
csozso: folds
_Sashunya_86: raises $0.10 to $0.15
sergen1984: folds
Nashy1996: raises $0.35 to $0.50
Streln: calls $0.45
_Sashunya_86: calls $0.35
*** FLOP *** [Js Th 9s]
Nashy1996: bets $0.80
Streln: folds
_Sashunya_86: raises $1.50 to $2.30
Nashy1996: raises $11.72 to $14.02 and is all-in
_Sashunya_86: calls $3.29 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($8.43) returned to Nashy1996
*** TURN *** [Js Th 9s] [Jh]
*** RIVER *** [Js Th 9s Jh] [3h]

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for my hand not being in the replayer format but i couldn't seem to get it going today.
I thought this was a tricky spot,the opening raiser Sashunya_86 was a tag player,i dont have the exact stats because i was playing zoom and couldnt look back and find him,but i destinctly remember him having a pretty high raising in position %,and thats why i decided to 3bet and set up as low spr as i could in case i flopped and over pair.But that was comfortably achieved with Strein coming along also and calling my 3bet in the bb.

When the flop came down my first thoughts were that i'd fire once and let it go to any heat but as my thoughts progressed and Sashunya raised me i decided to get the money in because of 3 reasons 1st the spr was right 2nd the added equity i gain with my straight draw and 3rd that i have 2 big blockers to the straight myself.
So what do u guys think? should i have just let this one go?
Thanks

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 02:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

kind of a gross spot with BB overcalling preflop. When you bet into the two of them the TAG will pretty much know how strong your hand is so his raise should be a much stronger range - I am not too sure if he will show up with too many AJ/KJ-type hands after raising.

If BB is a weaker player the TAG might flat a wider range preflop including hands like 87s, T9s, JTs, QJs and KQ which he could all play like that.

I haven't done the math with pokerstove but I think our equity against a range including the above plus all sets should be at around 40% so b/c should still be somewhat +EV with the money already invested.

The problem in a spot like this is there is a ton of value in betting flop against the BB if he is weaker but not so much value against the TAG who will probably play his hand pretty much straightforward. I could also envisage checking flop in spots like these, maybe have both the TAG and BB act first and then decide how to continue with so much equity. It's definitely not the end of the world if this flop gets checked through.

x/jamming after TAG bets should be a much nicer line since we can put the last bet in thus capitalizing on him betting whats maybe a wider range and utilizing some foldequity.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com