Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Is the TurboTakedown ever coming back?

Old
Is the TurboTakedown ever coming back? - Thu Apr 19, 2012, 06:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Is the Turbo Takedown expected to make a return in 2012?

That was a great tourney structure and by far my favorite spot to spend FPPs! I have a pile of points built up, but don't want to squander them if another TT or similar concept in in the pipeline

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 08:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
Is the Turbo Takedown expected to make a return in 2012?

That was a great tourney structure and by far my favorite spot to spend FPPs! I have a pile of points built up, but don't want to squander them if another TT or similar concept in in the pipeline

Thanks!

Roland GTX
Hi Roland,

I emailed support and asked them this question. Here is the reply!

-
Thank you for your email regarding our Turbo Takedown tournament.

We are sorry to inform you that the Turbo Takedown on April 24th, 2011 was the Final Turbo Takedown on PokerStars.

At the same time, we are happy to let you know that the Turbo Takedown has now been replaced by the Red Spade Open. This event will run four times a year and is a $1,000,000 guaranteed tourney, with a first prize of at least $200,000. Additionally, if you manage to eliminate any Team Pro or Team Online member with a Red Spade next to their name you will receive a $100 bounty.

Buy-in to this tournament is $55 which is very similar to the 3,000 FPP buyin for the Turbo Takedown.

The Red Spade Open can be found under the 'Tourney' → 'Special' tabs.

To locate the tournament faster, please type 'Red' in the search field of the 'Tourney Filter'.

For additional information on this new tournament and promotion, please go to:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...ed-spade-open/

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to write back, and thank you for choosing PokerStars.

-

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 01:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Thanks for doing the legwork on this one royalraise85!

I played (and min-cashed) in the last Red Spade tourney, and fully intend on playing in future ones. I'll still miss the TT though

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com