Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Remedy for pain relief anyone?

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 08:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
My wife has just had a replacement knee and she had the same problem with pain, nothing seemed to work effectively.

Our GP has just prescribed Tramadol slow release capsules, she takes three in the mornings and three at night and this works for her, the pain is kept to a manageable level throughout the day.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy this medicine over the counter, it must be prescribed by a physician.

Hope this info is of some use to you.

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 09:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I have a friend with the exact same problem. She just got a cortisone shot that has helped immensely. Relief was almost instant , and although temporary (a few months?) it might get you thru to surgery at least. Good luck to you..pain sux!!

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Well for inflammation you could try some natural stuff, like ginger(in food or as tea), turmeric(spice), dark chocolate, seaweed, spinach, kale, extra virgin olive oil, green tea, holy basil tea. Obviously not as effective as your pill, but could help. I have personal experience with all of those but here is a related link:

http://theconsciouslife.com/top-10-a...tory-foods.htm

I've never had to deal with chronic pain so don't know any remedies myself. I hear medical marijuana is very effective against many types of chronic pain though (seriously). No major side effects either, much better for your liver.

Don't know any references off the top of my head, sure you could find a million of them with a quick search though. I mean, here in USA a lot of our states have passed laws allowing medical marijuana use, even though the Federal Government says it is illegal. Really, even in my messed up home state of Maryland where poker is the Devil, medical marijuana legislation was passed!

Old
Liking the new avatar - Thu Apr 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
Just had to say LOVE THE AVATAR!!!! Havent laughed so hard in a long time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com