Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nd hand ever vs opponent.

Old
2nd hand ever vs opponent. - Fri Apr 20, 2012, 06:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
asdf

Last edited by rule110; Thu Apr 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 09:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi rule110.

The raise pre flop in a HU situation can be ok, as it allows you to represent a wider range of hands as flop hits. In my opinion though, calling the 3bet can be iffy with a hand like 85o. A lot of times a limp/raise line can mean a small to medium pocket pair, and your 85 does not have a ton of equity versus a range weighted toward those sorts of hands, and without more info you do not really know if he will limp/raise other sorts of hands.

The C/R on the flop is a pretty strong line with a 5, and to be honest I'd not really credit you a ton of the time with an A if I held something like 66/77; I'd think you'd flat an A more often, and seek to get another bet or call in on the turn before lowering the boom. Had you more info on the opp to make you believe that he would call that C/R with just un-paired overs to your 5 it is a pretty decent spot to try getting value HU, but lacking that ifno it is a pretty big risk given the action pattern thus far.

When the villain does flat your C/R, I think you are fine in checking it down, or check/calling, but if he leads the river you may have jsut cost yourself the pot that you built, or you may be forced to try a bluff on the river in order to re-coup your investment; I'd really not love haivng to do either with just a 5 to be honest.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com