Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

heavy hand again

Old
heavy hand again - Sat Apr 21, 2012, 07:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
jigjig they closed ur post y

cause anything against here and negative is brutal, i have searched pokerstars on the net and found alot of info

like i said post on facebook, cause no winning here or the heavy hand comes down, u cant post negative here, or its closed, u warned, ur account gets locked, or whatever but u have a voice there.

i have supported here for 2 years but ridiculs, u cant even say poop or ur account gets warned

Old
Sat Apr 21, 2012, 01:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaturePlayr View Post
u cant post negative here, or its closed, u warned, ur account gets locked, or whatever
I usually read these complaints and ignore them but once in a while I think something needs to be said. This statement is SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

I am not involved in mod decisions etc but as a member of the team I see the discussions that take place internally. There is never a directive to do these things to someone who posts a negative thing about PSO. I would think that obvious as there are certain members posting in these forums today who, if your statement were accurate, would have been permanently banned a long time ago. Yet they're here. Yes they've all been infractioned, and yes they've had temporary bans, but it's not for criticism of PSO... it's usually for how they choose to present their thoughts and for insulting people in the process.

This is not rocket science. There are rules for participating in this forum. Go read them. Don't break the rules, and you should be fine. Break them, and you're asking for problems. There is no rule about not criticizing PSO or PS, there is however about doing so in a non-constructive way. An example:

"I don't like promo xyz, it's just stupid and you guys are *$^#@ idiots yet again!" -Not constructive, insults PS staff... infraction coming.

"I don't like promo xyz, I think there are problems with the way it's structured which are A, B, C, and it would make mores sense imo to structure it like D, E, F." -Constructive (and welcomed feedback).

It's not the content, it's the delivery. There are certain individuals who just don't get it, and are insistent on spreading negativity via insults, digs, and nonconstructive posts. They are going to find themselves climbing the infraction tree. It's not necessary, just read and follow the rules and you won't have these problems, even when voicing concerns over something PSO or PS is doing.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 21, 2012, 05:35 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I usually read these complaints and ignore them but once in a while I think something needs to be said. This statement is SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

I am not involved in mod decisions etc but as a member of the team I see the discussions that take place internally. There is never a directive to do these things to someone who posts a negative thing about PSO. I would think that obvious as there are certain members posting in these forums today who, if your statement were accurate, would have been permanently banned a long time ago. Yet they're here. Yes they've all been infractioned, and yes they've had temporary bans, but it's not for criticism of PSO... it's usually for how they choose to present their thoughts and for insulting people in the process.

This is not rocket science. There are rules for participating in this forum. Go read them. Don't break the rules, and you should be fine. Break them, and you're asking for problems. There is no rule about not criticizing PSO or PS, there is however about doing so in a non-constructive way. An example:

"I don't like promo xyz, it's just stupid and you guys are *$^#@ idiots yet again!" -Not constructive, insults PS staff... infraction coming.

"I don't like promo xyz, I think there are problems with the way it's structured which are A, B, C, and it would make mores sense imo to structure it like D, E, F." -Constructive (and welcomed feedback).

It's not the content, it's the delivery. There are certain individuals who just don't get it, and are insistent on spreading negativity via insults, digs, and nonconstructive posts. They are going to find themselves climbing the infraction tree. It's not necessary, just read and follow the rules and you won't have these problems, even when voicing concerns over something PSO or PS is doing.

Dave

ok np but then y when we talk bout, open skill league nobody responds,( for exactly these posts, u have to be in the top 50 or u win and poop) so once u have good points u dont have to play anymore , cause as long as in top 2000 u win 2<50) y when we ask and watch the hand of the day nobody response, y we ask and posts r deleted, and no body responses, like this posts says dave if its not liked its gone, so no worry u r a good trainer, but if u cant get a mod to a table to ask cant get ur emails updated y be here.

so if anybody plays 5 tourneys hits every they dont play rest of month and win, so maybe to qualify u have to play like 2 a week

Old
Sat Apr 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
ok np but then y when we talk bout, open skill league nobody responds,( for exactly these posts, u have to be in the top 50 or u win and poop) so once u have good points u dont have to play anymore , cause as long as in top 2000 u win 2<50) y when we ask and watch the hand of the day nobody response, y we ask and posts r deleted, and no body responses, like this posts says dave if its not liked its gone, so no worry u r a good trainer, but if u cant get a mod to a table to ask cant get ur emails updated y be here.

so if anybody plays 5 tourneys hits every they dont play rest of month and win, so maybe to qualify u have to play like 2 a week

I think anyone who knows me would say that I'm far from an apologist for the things I see that the current management at PSO gets wrong,in my opinion,and I've got the bans,infractions and warnings to show for it. But you're off base a little in your criticisms here AmaturePlayr,at least in my view.

I'll explain.

1. To say that there has never been a response as to the makeup of the Leagues would be incorrect. Just the simple fact that I was able to type League(s),PLURAL,proves that. At one time there was only the PSO Skill League and many of us,myself included,agitated for there to be a second merit based league and PSO did just that. The current Open League is much the dodge-a-donk,stall and fold type of deal that the old Skill League looked like (all I can go by as I can't play it...).

2. Having a mod come to your table (or not...) has absolutely NOTHING to do with PSO. Even in their league games it's still Pokerstars mods that handle requests for mods to come to the tables. You can make a thousand posts here in the PSO Forum and that's not going to change.

3. Also e-mail correspondence goes to support@Pokerstars---again that's in no way under the purview of PSO. PM's to PSOStaff.Admin or individual mods will serve you much better.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Apr 21, 2012 at 06:42 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 21, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
As for my personal opinion as to the closing of Jigjig's thread and his subsequent ban/suspension...

...look I've known very Damn well almost every time that I've received an infraction and/or ban that when I hit that send button such a response was going to be forthcoming. And I was somewhat OK with that---NOT OK with the circumstances that irked me enough to be willing to take a bullet,but OK in my mind that I was willing to do so. If you swat a hornet's nest with a stick expect to get stung.

Jigjig KNEW he was picking a fight when he started that thread,said as much and therefore needs to accept any consequences that come his way as a result. This is NOT a democracy,it's a business and they have the right to police THEIR forum any way they see fit.

As a customer I have the right to voice my displeasure with some of their decisions but I do NOT have the right to voice them in any way I see fit. Sometimes I really don't give a rat's azz about that,nor the subsequent consequences for when I don't care about following the rules,but that's a CHOICE. And if I,or anyone else,makes that choice then be prepared to own up to it and take your medicine.

That said do I feel that the current management here is as responsive as they need to be? Hell no,I most certainly do not.

Do I feel that they are beholden to respond to every complaint of gripe that comes down the pike? Sorry,but no I don't. Sometimes you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Do I feel that they have turned a blind eye,or at best a cynical and self-serving one,to some issues? Bet your butt I do. And where I see that I'll continue to comment on my displeasure about it.

Do I also feel that the current decisions being made are largely detrimental to growing PSO's potential as a marketing tool for the Pokerstars site overall (which let's be honest here IS it's primary function...)? Yeah I honestly do and as I have said before,IN MY OPINION,some of the people occupying some of the positions here are out of their depth. And that's unfortunate and all the closing of threads and squashing of opinions aren't going to change that.

But here's the key thing to me---if WE as customers and critics make it easy for them to squash our input by making that input needlessly confrontational and insulting (as Jigjig did,and I have done myself at times as well) then honest debate is the real loser.

Old
Sat Apr 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:

There are some conflicting thoughts here that are straying from your original statement that I responded to, which I quoted in my response.

I honestly am not entirely sure what you're getting on at completely here, but one part that jumps out at me that I CAN respond to is the Hand of the Day comment... when we ask and watch the hand of the day nobody response. I assume you mean you watch the HoD, post a question in the comments section, and get no response. Yes, that's a problem. I can assure you the comments aren't being blown off... the issue there is that we (the HOD creator) do not get any notification that someone has posted a comment in response to one of our HOD's/Videos. Unless we go to the specific page we don't know it's there. I can tell you that I personally don't go to every single page where I have a video housed routinely, I don't watch all the HOD's as they roll out. I have requested a notification system for this so we as trainers/video producers can be more responsive, but we don't have one yet.

If you ever watch a video, HOD, etc from myself or one of the trainers here, and have a question, please do post it in the comments section but for now it would be very helpful if you then send us a PM or email with a link to the page advising you posted a question, so we can be sure to see it timely. I know, this is not a good solution, but it's all I got for the time being. I have 76 videos in the archive, and idk how many HOD's at this point, I'm just not going to be touching all those pages over and over again on a regular basis looking for comments, it's not practical.

If you send me a question on something I've got out there, I'll answer you. If I'm not aware of it though I can't answer. Sorry for that.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 22, 2012, 06:40 AM
(#7)
Fair enough dave and moxie

i was venting so thanks, but my prob and im sure others, is how the open league is structure for prize that could any have input for a better structure, basically imo its alittle unfair, for example, once u get say to top 50-100 with excellent points u dont have to play anymore with the 5 qualifiers, other playa maybe play 2 a day for the rest of the month, and there is really no reward for them to play to keep supporting league, so basically maybe there should be where u have to play at least 2 a week or if u dont u lose some points, that all.

any input would be helpful

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com