Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

SCOOP Reload Bonus

Old
SCOOP Reload Bonus - Mon Apr 23, 2012, 08:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
http://www.pokerstars.co.uk/special-.../scoop-reload/

By far the best bonus there's been this year. I said on another thread I was gonna play the bonus game. Take up any on offer and then cash out so I can take advantage of the next bonus.

You have 30 days to take advantage of this bonus. I reckon I can generate around 1,000 VPP's in this time meaning I could earn £30 or $50. I've asked support a few questions regarding this as I'd like my bonus paid out in $$$ as that's the currency I store my funds on the site. I also asked can I still use the bonus if I make a withdrawal (TBF I plan on withdrawing $100 so I can redeposit it again)

If you generate anything over 200VPP's in a month and you're gonna play here anyway you might as well deposit $20 and take advantage of it, you can always withdraw the $20 after the 30 days are up and use it for the next promotion.

Old
Mon Apr 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
(#2)
Stars got back to me, if you withdraw you cannot take part in the offer.

Will deposit tomorrow and withdraw when I've worked through my bonus.

Old
Sat Apr 28, 2012, 03:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Taken from the promotions page and also quoted in the forums "official announcements".

"To receive the full $250 bonus, you will need to deposit $500. You can deposit as little as $10 to take advantage of this offer.

Once you have made your qualifying deposit, you will need to earn VIP Player Points (VPPs) to release the cash to your account balance. If you deposit in USD or CAD, you will receive $10 in your account for every 200 VPPs you earn. You may also deposit in EUR (maximum bonus €190) or GBP (maximum bonus £160). You will need to earn 260 VPPs to release €10 of the bonus, or 320 VPPs to earn £10 of the bonus."

So. As the bonus is payable in £10/$10/€10 increments and it's a 50% bonus, can someone explain to me just how you can take advantage of this offer with a £10/$10/€10 deposit ?

Old
Sat Apr 28, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
So. As the bonus is payable in £10/$10/€10 increments and it's a 50% bonus, can someone explain to me just how you can take advantage of this offer with a £10/$10/€10 deposit ?
Hi Darkman61,

It reads a little confusing so I emailed PokerStars support for some clarity. Here is the response.

-

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

Yes, you are correct. The minimum deposit you can make in order to take advantage of the SCOOP 2012 Reload Bonus is $10.

As you mentioned, the bonus will be released in $10 increments per every 200 VPPs earned. However, if you deposit $10, you will need to clear 100 VPPs to release the $5 bonus. This will be done in one installment, once you have earned the required amount.

From the time the bonus code is applied to your account you will be given 30 days to earn the required VPPs. After this time the bonus will expire and unfortunately no extensions will be allowed.

If you have any additional questions or require further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Regards,

-

Hope this helps!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 05:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post

does it exclude any withdrawals or just withdrawals the past weeks (with the anouncement)?

Old
Wink
Tue May 01, 2012, 10:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post

1.) When withdrawing before you deposit for the reload bonus you're not longer eligible for the bonus
2.) Withdrawing after you've activated the bonus is not a problem.

It goes by the date of the announcement of the promotion.

Some extra information to note,,,

Please Note: All deposits must be made before 23:59 ET on May 3. You will have 30 days from the time of your qualifying deposit to clear your bonus. Any bonus that has not been cleared after that time will be lost. This offer is limited to one deposit per player. Players who cash out before making a qualifying deposit will become ineligible for the bonus.

Last edited by gmanwicksy; Tue May 01, 2012 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: additional information on deposit/withdraw

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 12:34 PM
(#7)
Withdrawing before you deposit to take advantage of the bonus would not matter.

Yes it does and why I got it clarified by support (even though the full T/C are nowhere to be found.)

I still haven't deposited but I knew I have a few days where I wouldn't be playing. I'll probably deposit on Thursday when the promotion ends and work it out over the next 30 days. I'm slightly worried about whether they count player transfers as withdrawals but can't imagine it.

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 05:43 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
I deposited today but the cash has not arrived at the Pokerstars cashier yet - although it instantly went from my bank account.

So now I am wondering if the 30 days to clear the bonus starts immediately or not until the deposit is verified and credited in the cashier?

My plan was to deposit $80 and grind all of May to try to clear up to 800VPPs, get $40 bonus +$10 Stellar Reward + Silver Star. To do that I want 02/05-31/05 to be my 30 days of bonus.

Not sure if I will make those figures but that is the maximum I would expect to do moving up slightly from my usual current BR and buy-in levels, plus more time and adding an extra table most of the time. That will help me get about 4x the 200odd VPPs I made in April.

I'm having an early night and hope to see the cash credited tomorrow as I am starting my grind off with The Big $5.50 and some smaller buy-in MTTs tomorrow.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 07:35 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
You might be out of luck Ed. It seems to be taking up to three working days for transfers to be credited to the account lately. I deposited on Monday and expect to see the money there on Thursday. If yours arrives on Friday I don't rate your chances of getting the bonus.

Old
Wed May 02, 2012, 03:27 PM
(#10)
Since: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I deposited today but the cash has not arrived at the Pokerstars cashier yet - although it instantly went from my bank account.

So now I am wondering if the 30 days to clear the bonus starts immediately or not until the deposit is verified and credited in the cashier?

My plan was to deposit $80 and grind all of May to try to clear up to 800VPPs, get $40 bonus +$10 Stellar Reward + Silver Star. To do that I want 02/05-31/05 to be my 30 days of bonus.

Not sure if I will make those figures but that is the maximum I would expect to do moving up slightly from my usual current BR and buy-in levels, plus more time and adding an extra table most of the time. That will help me get about 4x the 200odd VPPs I made in April.

I'm having an early night and hope to see the cash credited tomorrow as I am starting my grind off with The Big $5.50 and some smaller buy-in MTTs tomorrow.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
Hi Ed,

Sounds like a good plan. Your bonus will be credited to you even if your funds haven't yet arrived by the May 3rd deadline. If you experience any issues with this please let me know or contact support@pokerstars.com. You have 30 days from the moment the bonus is credited to your account, which is when the funds are actually credited to you in the cashier.

Let me know if you have further questions.

PokerStars VIP Coordinator - Dylan

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 05:50 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2010
Thanks for responses Darkman & Dylan -

It is so long since I deposited I forgot how it all works - it seems to have gone pretty smoothly.

The deposit has arrived in the cashier this morning and the bonus status is also confirmed - I just need to play some serious, winning poker for a month now - time to start the grind.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMann

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 12:23 PM
(#12)
Me too, £25 bonus to earn, 27 VPP per day to clear.

The problem with playing the bonus game is this one ends tonight and there will be a new one in a few days time

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 02:52 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
Good luck to all of us.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com