Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Video review/training badugi

Old
Video review/training badugi - Mon Apr 23, 2012, 10:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Hey all. Just wondering if any of our live trainers ever play Badugi, its the only game i really enjoy right now and its more a strategy and thinking game than NLHE, so if any1 plays it or we can have some video reviews or live training this will be appreciated greatly :-)

Tnx Paul

Old
Mon Apr 23, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendHunter View Post
Hey all. Just wondering if any of our live trainers ever play Badugi, its the only game i really enjoy right now and its more a strategy and thinking game than NLHE, so if any1 plays it or we can have some video reviews or live training this will be appreciated greatly :-)

Tnx Paul
I don't think the training tool supports all formats of poker - so I am not sure they could do live training on badugi.

I've only played it in the freerolls and I enjoy it but am pretty clueless unless I get dealt the nut badugi straight off - it is a weird game. I would like to see some training on different games, but so far we only have sessions on Hold Em and Omaha - Stud would presumably be the next most popular so I suspect badugi is way down the list.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Mon Apr 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
(#3)
Hmmmmm sounds right i guess the mixed games aint as popular as omaha and NLHE. Hopefully
1 day they will get around to making training videos on other games but tnx for the Heads up anyway Ed

Old
Mon Apr 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Legend,

We won't be doing any Badugi training in the near future, because A) the training tool doesn't support draw games yet, B) it's not very popular yet, and C) We don't have any trainers that play it regularly.

I've played it some, and find it to be a fun game, but certainly don't consider myself an expert and don't have much volume with it. I've played and delved into it enough though to disagree completely with your statement comparing it to NLHE... deep stacked NLHE is significantly more of a strategy and thinking game than Badugi, and it's not even close imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
(#5)
OK Dave, well ty anyway for quick responce.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com