Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 TT vs shove

Old
NL2 TT vs shove - Tue Apr 24, 2012, 05:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
V is a 50/10 on 30 hands, have no specific reads on him. I really do not know what to do here b/c folding to a bet when the J hits seems pretty tight to me considering that he only had less than a pot size bet on the turn but what hands could he have min raised UTG, call a raised, bet small on the flop and called a raise and then shove on a J b/c the flop was pretty dry to me unless they had AKs or something like that idk... so min raising UTG could probably be a small pair so pocket 66 could be in his range, or something like QJs KJs TJs or something like that or AA/KK. so on the flop the only hands I see betting like that would be something like the QJs maybe AKs KQs.... b/c that small bet is a blocker. now they could've bet small on the flop with pocket 66 to induce a raise and shove on the J hoping I hit the J but that's giving this player way too much credit IMO. another thing is that when fishy players at this stake all of a sudden shove un you it's because they probably have a big hand. I have a hard time folding to those shoves... but was able to get away from this one. he could've even had JJ, don't know if he would've min raised with it UTG though... these types of hands confuse me a lot, any help really appreciated. thanks.

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #12728752

SB: $2.22 (111 bb)
BB: $1.84 (92 bb)
UTG+2: $1.55 (77.5 bb)
MP1: $1.65 (82.5 bb)
MP2: $4.23 (211.5 bb)
Hero (MP3): $2.36 (118 bb)
CO: $1.50 (75 bb)
BTN: $2.32 (116 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:diamond: T:heart:
UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.12, MP2 calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.51) 2:heart: 6:heart: 2:club: (3 players)
MP1 bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 calls $0.30, MP2 folds

Turn: ($1.41) J:club: (2 players)
MP1 bets $1.09, Hero folds

Old
Wed Apr 25, 2012, 06:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
WhiteStar
Hello,

preflop is fine. Sizing could even be a little bit bigger, since he opened for a minraise.

Raise on the flop is good, but too small. I'd make it $0.50-0,60 here.

I wouldn't fold the turn. There's not much that beats you, except for something like QQ and and the occasional 66 or A2s. You are getting almost 2.5:1 and he can have lot's of worse pocket pairs, flush draws and total air.

Old
Wed Apr 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
thank you, yeah I wanted to call b/c of the odds but I really didn't see him doing it with worse, I just got so confused there...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com