Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

poker experiment

Old
poker experiment - Wed Apr 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
So the other day i was bored and decided to run a poker experiment,i went to the play money section found a game {it was a tourney} sat down,took a post it note and covered my icon up so i could not see my hands and started to play. Has anyone else run this same sort of experiment ? at first it was difficult but i stuck to playing position poker and it got easier,i did not cash using this method but i was going to try it again a couple more times to see what the results are. It was also a lot of fun playing blind and trying to out play my opponents sometimes it worked sometimes a disaster hahaha. For anyone else who tries this experiment please let me no what your results are,thanks,and will see you at the tables

Old
Wed Apr 25, 2012, 03:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Google Annette Obrestad :)

Old
Wed Apr 25, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Worth a try. The main issue I see is that on play money or micro stakes level, success comes largely from obtaining value with your medium-strong strength hands. If your playing blind, you basically have to make people fold before showdown. Accomplishing that doesn't have to do with position too much, but with being a good storyteller. You have to represent the right hands at the right times.

That being said, opponents at playmoney/micro stakes call way too loosely, and are not very good at hand reading(which means your well told stories will often be ignored).

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com