Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

6max cash game after a poker break

Old
6max cash game after a poker break - Fri Apr 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012

hi and thank u for reading, i decide about a month a month and a half to take a poker break
becouse lack of freetime and some personal issues. When i started my break i decided to both
take my br out and also to use all my fpps just 1 hour ago my break ended and i decided to play
some nl 2 6max 5 tables i didnt feel like playing first becouse poker felt boring after the break
but once i started playing i starting feeling love for the game again.

First thing that hit me was
that mikro aint the best way to start on just bcuz its so messy u know but anyways it started out good some decent pots on some nice calls every read i had was wright and so on, while having break ive been reading out 2 poker books dan harringtons mtt books both blue and red one(not hole red one) there is alot of stuff that i forgot that i use to know and some peaces falled back wich im really glad off, For them that havent read it go ahead and buy it. i have 2 hands that i what some opinions on 1 of em i posted the other one i take with dave private, ok now to explaning the hand.

it started with the guy limping on the button wich is not to uncommen in the nl2 ak suited is a raise hand so i decided to make it 5x as i usually make it abit bigger than u should guy flats me in position flush draw on flop i c bet abit more than half pot guy calls now i started thinking maybe a small pocket pair set flush draw 2 overs many thoughts in my head i decided to bet smaller just bcuz i wanna see the river
hes been calling alot weaker bets and i havent been on the table long enough that he would actually have a tell that im doing it with a draw if i check he raises big and thats the last thing i want him to do he reraises me kinda small when the 6 came out but i didnt really put him on 89 or any hand with a 6 in it so my range on him were pretty clear after his decition i knew if he decide to reraise he will make it big to make me fold alot of hands as my bet was small he will reraise me sometimes with overs so i decided if the guy have a pocket pairs he has to prove it on the river,
so i decided to call still had the nutflush draw so its understandable i missed my draw pot was 45 bigs or something like that guy decided to bet just as i thought he bet 5 bbs less than half pot the 6 on the river made me think even more if he would have hit the 6 on turn he wouldnt reraise he just want to showdown and he would raise bigger on river if he got trips so i put him off the 6 and started thinking would he limp call my raise with some kind of A hand probably after a while thinking the flushdraw must have missed him to if he was looking for it the straight wasnt logic becouse of his call preflopp so after a while i decided my ak should be the best hand here so i called i was right sorry i posted in the wrong forum first so i put it up here to

Last edited by sverigelottn; Fri Apr 27, 2012 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: spellings

Old
Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Sve,

As played with the small turn bet and his small turn raise, I think calling the river is fine... he's going to have enough worse aces and busted draws for the call to be profitable imo, as the turn action can induce him to make a move.

Another option if you think the opponent is the type to call the flop light (float) and be aggressive on the turn when shown weakness, is that you can check-raise the turn. It's pretty hard for them to call without a very strong hand (if you do this play as a semi-bluff vs. an aggro opponent who has position on you, then I would also be doing it with made hands like overpairs as well).

If he's mostly got a weak calling range, I think the best line is to just barrel the turn larger, maybe half the pot, very tough for him to continue calling with a small pair all the way to showdown then (I wouldn't do this vs. a calling station because they'll call down anyway, vs. a station just check, don't barrel).

Hope this helps,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 27, 2012, 12:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
thanks for analysing the hand u think my thinking made sense then i guess

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com