Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

hand analisis

Old
hand analisis - Fri Apr 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
first, everything gets moved so maybe under support a hand analysis spot

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

now i was already in the money, but everybody was shoving for first, so my thought here was, if i hit i go deeper but then on the other hand, based on my position, and i know it wasn't the right thing, but everybody was shoving anyways, and based on the stacks, i did it . But kinda what would have been my choice by folding really.

Any input be great, plus it was a freeroll, but basically what would a cash tourney move be?

Last edited by AmaturePlayr; Fri Apr 27, 2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: update

Old
Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Not sure what you mean by everything gets moved and a hand analysis in support? But this hand is not in the right spot so it will be moved too. You've posted a tournament hand in the cash games forum.

I'll ask a mod to move it and give my feedback.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I think limping preflop behind a couple limpers is fine. I definitely do not like raising with J9s on this stack size of almost 26 bb's.

On the flop I would probably flat call, the board is so dry I think the villains range includes a lot of jacks and our kicker is bad. If we're ahead we don't have much to worry about, so a flat controls the size of the pot, and we can make a more informed decision after seeing the subsequent action and turn card.

Definitely get all in on the river, you have the effective nuts (only losing to Q9 and that is an extremely unlikely holding since the villain bet the flop and then called a raise). You can get called by plenty of worse hands, including all 2 pair combos and just top pair as well.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com