Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Point out any bad play or just bad luck?

Old
Point out any bad play or just bad luck? - Sat Apr 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011

I do not have any reads as I have just sat on this table a couple of hands ago.

Can anyone point out flaws in the play or and if it was just bad luck.

Regards
Etienne

Old
Sat Apr 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Etienne,

The big flaw imo is calling preflop, this is a fold. Our hand derives it's value from implied odds and the ability to leverage pressure post flop in position. The opener is only on a 40 bb stack, so he offers neither. There's 1 other caller, but we're still in MP so there's a lot of unknown yet behind us.

Also in order to play speculation hands profitably like this (assuming enough stack size to do it, which we don't really have vs. either player and def. not vs. the opener), we need to know how we're going to make this a profitable hand. Is the target a huge fish that will stack off 1 pair when we hit strong? Are they good float candidates to check-fold turns or give up on scary boards? We have no reads so we have no idea how to play the hand profitably post flop even on deeper stacks, so just fold, it's not a good situation.

Post flop play is fine imo, just unlucky to run into a bigger flush.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com