Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PSO SCOOP Warm Up 2012 Discussion

Old
PSO SCOOP Warm Up 2012 Discussion - Tue May 01, 2012, 05:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
The Spring Championship of Online Poker 2012 runs from May 6th to 20th and guarantees a total prize pool of $30,000,000 across 40 events. Each event has three different buy-in levels, which gives every player the opportunity to compete.

The Main Event is the highlight of the series. PokerStars guarantees a total prize pool of $5 millions for these three tournaments and PokerSchoolOnline helps you to earn your share of it!

The PokerSchoolOnline Promotion

PSO offers two special training sessions on 2nd and 17th May where - besides excellent tournament training - you get a ticket* for the SCOOP Warm-Up Sub-Satellite. Tournament #560540956 This ticket allows you to enter a $2.20 satellite which brings you directly to the $11 Main Event Satellite. Tournament #560540418 PSO is adding 5 x $11 Main-Event Satellite tickets!

This satellite start on Sunday the 20th May at 12 ET and PSO adds five tickets for the $109 Main Event. This satellite is open for everyone at PSO who has earned their PSO member ticket!

Many of our upcoming training sessions will also have SCOOP as a topic. Find a list of all SCOOP-related activities on PokerSchoolOnline below:

Date Time (ET) Training / Event

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9pm SCOOP Warm Up*
Sunday, May 06, 2012 1pm SCOOP - Satellite Play
Sunday, May 06, 2012 3pm SCOOP #02 Sunday Special
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5pm SCOOP Event #08
Saturday, May 12, 2012 11am SCOOP Event #17
Sunday, May 13, 2012 3pm SCOOP Event #21
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5pm SCOOP Event #27
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4pm SCOOP Event #30
Thursday, May 17, 2012 3pm SCOOP Warm Up*
Saturday, May 19, 2012 12pm SCOOP Warm-Up Sub-Satellite** - 5 x $11 tickets added. Tournament #560540956
Sunday, May 20, 2012 12pm SCOOP Warm-Up Satellite*** - 5 x $109 tickets added. Tournament #560540418
Sunday, May 20, 2012 3pm SCOOP Main Event

* SCOOP Warm-up Training (all tickets will be issued on 18th May)
** $2.20 Sub-Satellite to the $11 Satellite. Tournament #560540956
*** $11 Satellite to the SCOOP Main Event Low ($109). Tournament #560540418
Please use the Discussion Thread to post back any comments, questions & feedback you may have.

Have a great day!

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Mon May 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Added Tournament ID's

Old
Thumbs up
Sounds good! - Tue May 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Grab your tics everyone and warm up for the SCOOP!

See you guys in the tournies !!! Good luck to all PSO people entering, lets win some cash!

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
Hello everyone,

I want to inform you that these information are not final. We're still fine-tuning a few aspects of this promotion and adding a little bit more value. I will let you know as soon as this promotion is final.

Thanks a lot,
Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 02:50 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Hi All,

If you any questions about the Live Training aspect, please ask. Here is some general info:

-The 2 SCOOP Warm Up training sessions we will be featuring/highlighting satellite opportunities and how you can get into the SCOOP action at a great value via the satellites.

-The SCOOP Main Events (the numbered events) the trainers will be playing in both the low and medium buy in events, and the sessions will run for at least 2 hours (longer at the trainer's discretion only, if they are unfortunate to have 2 early busts they will likely run something else unless close to the 2 hour mark... but with the very nice slow structures in the SCOOP events it's unlikely they will get coolered out of both early.

-There are no VPP restrictions set on these, we want to encourage everyone to get into the SCOOP fever. Please remember to be respectful of both the trainer and the other class attendees in the classroom chat, and keep comments and questions on point. And remember all numbered events training will last at least 2 hours, so come out for even a portion of the training session if you can't make the whole thing, the more that turn out to watch the better!

-If you are playing in the same SCOOP event as the trainer, you may still attend the classroom. It is against the rules of Live Training to be in the classroom while playing on the same table as the trainer (this should be obvious, since you can see the trainer's hole cards). However in large field MTTs it is so unlikely that you will land on the same table as the trainer early on that it is not a concern... IF on the off chance it does happen, just simply leave the classroom. You can return when no longer on the same table as the trainer.

-All the SCOOP training sessions are already scheduled on the Live Training Calendar

If there are any questions re: SCOOP Live Training, please post here and I'll answer.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tickets - Wed May 02, 2012, 09:21 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2010
Hey Dave, I just have a quick question. WIll these tickets and sub-satellite thing appear in the pokerstars tourney tickets section later (because as I go there now the only thing i see are some knockout festivals and premier skill league qualifier tourneys) or there will be some kind of password or anything in the live trainings. What i mean is if by any chance i miss these live trainings i can still play in these satellites and receive the tickets ? I know it sounds kinda stupid, but just in case

Old
Wed May 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0pp0rtunity View Post
Hey Dave, I just have a quick question. WIll these tickets and sub-satellite thing appear in the pokerstars tourney tickets section later (because as I go there now the only thing i see are some knockout festivals and premier skill league qualifier tourneys) or there will be some kind of password or anything in the live trainings. What i mean is if by any chance i miss these live trainings i can still play in these satellites and receive the tickets ? I know it sounds kinda stupid, but just in case
Hi,

The tournaments are not set up yet so you won't see them in the client yet. Here is my understanding (and I will ask Christopher who is closer to the promo details to check my answer for accuracy):

The $11 (5 x $109 tickets added) satellite is open to all PSO members -- There is no special ticket for this, your regular PSO member ticket will get you in.

The $2.20 (5 x $11 tickets added) sub-satellite is only open to PSO members who attend 1 of the 2 special Live Trainings, the SCOOP Warm Ups. The tickets to enter this event will be issued after the 2nd Warm Up Training is conducted so they can pull the lists from the back end on who attended (Note: You must actually attend, just registering for the class won't be enough. To be on the safe side, make sure to enter the classroom and leave your browser open for the duration even if you are unable to stay for the whole thing).

These are both great values as they are not simply guarantees, PSO is actually adding the money to the prize pools... so however many seats can be awarded based on the entry fees collected, PSO adds 5 more seats on top of that. Take advantage!

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Wed May 02, 2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 01:24 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
When do we find out all the other info on this promo? Nothing like finding out halfway through that everything is changing.

Old
Thumbs up
Here is some more information - Thu May 03, 2012, 01:51 AM
(#8)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...arm-up#content

If you missed the session today make sure you make it to the one Thrus May 17th at 3:00 so you can get a ticket!!!

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 02:24 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSOGefallener View Post
Hello everyone,

I want to inform you that these information are not final. We're still fine-tuning a few aspects of this promotion and adding a little bit more value. I will let you know as soon as this promotion is final.

Thanks a lot,
Christopher

When is this info final? Not to say it isn't worth it to take the time in the training, as I'm all for it, if I can manage to get in on 1 on a night that I don't work. But if I'm taking a night off to get both, it may be worth it, but would like to know all the info before I take money out of my pocket by not working to register for and sit in the training.

Sorry, but things have been published, and still Christopher says this info isn't final, but the trainings still continue? Will this info be final before the last training sess that rewards the ticket
??

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 02:04 PM
(#10)
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused, I'm relocating at the moment and very busy. The information posted here are final: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...arm-up#content

Regards,
Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
SCOOP-01-L 6-Max - Sat May 05, 2012, 08:45 PM
(#11)
Since: May 2011
Hi guys,

I won a $27 ticket to SCOOP-01-L in a $1.10+R satellite.

Doh the wrong event for Sunday training

The 6-Max satellite felt so different when I'm used to playing full ring SNGs.

So any advice how to play a 6-Max MTT?

And if I have got this correct DAY 1 is 40 x15min levels = 10 hours, so 4pm - 2am WET.

No meal / dinner break just 5min per hour. You guys must be hard core or have a chef / pizza delivery service

Good luck Sunday

Old
Sun May 06, 2012, 09:48 AM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Hi guys,

I won a $27 ticket to SCOOP-01-L in a $1.10+R satellite.

Doh the wrong event for Sunday training

The 6-Max satellite felt so different when I'm used to playing full ring SNGs.

So any advice how to play a 6-Max MTT?

And if I have got this correct DAY 1 is 40 x15min levels = 10 hours, so 4pm - 2am WET.

No meal / dinner break just 5min per hour. You guys must be hard core or have a chef / pizza delivery service

Good luck Sunday
Well done ForrestFive and good luck - I got mine too - through a $0.55 Rebuy Satellite and I'm going to play.

I play 6-max cash a lot but not many 6-max tourneys. Basically you will be on the button and in the cut off seat a lot more often, and position is very important - so I always look for spots to play from those two seats, but especially the button, with a wider range of hands, ie a few speculative & marginal hands, than I would at 9/10 seat tables.

You also have less opponents at a 6-max table and I imagine with these deep stacks you will get good reads on who is at your table and they won't be moving too often in the early stages - so be aware of their tendencies.

That's about all I can say - I am no expert at MTTs - but I want to give this one a shot.

BTW - I have had a two hour sleep after lunch and just made a big pot of curry which will be simmering in the slow cooker for the next few hours to dip into when I am hungry with a big pile of naan bread, plenty of tea, chocolate biscuits and 4 litres of diet coke.

I am prepared - so lets hope I can stay awake until and not bust before 2am.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sun May 06, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#13)
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the tips. Good to have feedback I hadn't noticed the10k starting stack. Never played starting 200bb deep before.

A simmering curry and naans great idea. I have lots of bread rolls, ham, tomatoes and crisps to make it through the day. Oh and a few cans of McEwan's that I can't touch until 10pm.

Good luck to you too.

Old
Sun May 06, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#14)
Got Maxim Lykov on my right better put my shades on

Old
Question related scoop - Mon May 07, 2012, 06:57 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
how many training session i have to join to get the tickets awarded by pso which help me to getin in scoop.

Old
Question related scoop - Mon May 07, 2012, 07:37 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
but suppose i miss the first one in 2may warmup and only join in in last session on 17 may then will i be eligible to get the tickets or not?

Old
Mon May 07, 2012, 10:55 AM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ulti_1mate!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will get you familiar with the options that PSO has to offer.

If you attend the live training on the 17th, then you will get a ticket to the $2.20 sub-satellite. Here's a link to the live training session.
Also, you can buy-into the super satellite that has the 5x$109 tickets added for $11 as long as you have a PSO Member ticket .

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon May 07, 2012 at 01:26 PM..

Old
Mon May 07, 2012, 01:35 PM
(#18)
Since: Mar 2011
Has a date & time been set for these sattys John??

Old
Mon May 07, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#19)
Since: Mar 2011
ooppss sorri, nevermind, times and dates are on the first page of this thread, duh!!

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
(#20)
Since: Feb 2011
sorry but i couldn't understand well where i can register for the course held on 17th.is it done through this link:http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/edu...sion/?id=24680
or somewhere else.i mean i want to register but i don't know where i can.if it is done through the link above when the registering section will be active.

another question is after registering how can i participate in the course.i mean just going to the tournament and viewing it are enough.please explain the process a little more.

thank you in advance

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com