Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Client grinding to a halt.

Old
Client grinding to a halt. - Tue May 01, 2012, 02:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Anybody else having trouble with the time it's taking details (players) to be displayed on the right of the main lobby? It's been getting progressively worse for me for about a week now. Today is the worst yet with it being up to ten minutes before getting a response. I thought it might be due to my lappy being overloaded and slowing things down, but the same thing's happening on my notebook. If it gets any worse it'll be a no brainer to not even attempt logging on.

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 02:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Just for your info, I have no problems at all.
Every time I click on a table in cash or table in a SnG, the names appear instantly

You're due for a real computer...lol

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 05:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Have you tried emailing support@pokerstars.com about the issues you're having? They will likely ask you for some technical information about your computer setup and for your PokerStars log files, but they should be able to get to the root of the problem that's causing these issues.

Let me know if it works out.

PokerStars VIP Coordinator - Dylan

Old
Tue May 01, 2012, 07:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Mentioning that the player details fail to appear may have been misleading. What happens is that after logging in the client effectively freezes for a period of time. Eleven minutes this time around, so it's increasing with each attempt.

And for the benefit of the accountant who can't do his sums, I already mentioned that this was occurring on more than one machine. It's also makes no difference whether I use my landline or my dongle on either machine, so a new computer isn't going to resolve the issue.

I think I'll wait and see whether tomorrow's server restart changes things before pursuing it further.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com