Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

UKIPT Leagues Summer Break

Old
UKIPT Leagues Summer Break - Wed May 02, 2012, 08:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
I noticed there were no UKIPT League games in the regional tab yesterday - and none again today.

When I checked the League web pages

http://www.pokerstars.co.uk/tournaments/ukpl/

I noticed the box at the top carrying the message

The UKIPT Poker League will be taking a break over the summer, returning in August for the run-up to UKIPT Newcastle, which takes place September 6-10. Check back soon for the latest updates!

Despite this the very next line still proclaims

Win FREE UKIPT Seats Every Month!

Why have a Summer Break? This has never happened before. Plus, this is the UK & Ireland - and in my part of that, Scotland - summer doesn't even start until August....

Very disappointed in this decision, as it was a decent tourney with good prizes and this drastically reduces the chances of getting my UKIPT Edinburgh ticket by the end of the year.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Regular UK & I league - Wed May 02, 2012, 01:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Fully support the comments made, this was for me an enjoyable and profitable league. Please reinstate it or put in something similar for UK and I players.
I would play it just for cash prizes not necessarily for a UKIPT seat although that is obviously a major pull.

Old
Wed May 02, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Try the UKIPT Talksport freerolls Ed, the only problem is, is that it is password protected and you have to get the password by listening to talksport radio.

But it is not a bad comp if you can get in.

Old
Wed May 02, 2012, 10:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
The passwords are published on their website beforehand so it's easy to find and register for the talksport freeroll which is good...the downside is that they are now 50p rebuys + add on so it's bit of a bingo style shovefest... but gl ed if you give it a go.

Dreamcoat

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com