Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

i was in tough spot here

Old
i was in tough spot here - Thu May 03, 2012, 09:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
This was a tough spot here, i was pretty well coved by all players, we were deep in, and if i remember JW saying, once in the money u want to accumulate chips, now after this hand i did move up like 300 playas, then got knocked out KK me, against AA.

but should i have just shoved anyways, and not worry bout moving up once ITM?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi AmaturePlayr

I think this boils down to how big the pay jumps are in relation to the size of your bankroll. If the pay jumps aren't a significant amount of your bankroll then this is a shove with our 15 bb stack.

Limping is the worst option you could take due to your position at the table and your chip stack. Im either folding the 8's or shoving them. Limping them here is leaking our chips away as it's likely a player behind us will raise or if we see a flop then their will be overcards in which will make it difficult to continue a lot of the time.

Cheers, Chris

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 10:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
ok cool thats what i thinking, but just wanted some advice, i knew i should of shoved, so what would be a good, ITM increase to shove, and a low ITM to not i guess

Basically if say 190 get paid say like $5, but 150 get paid $7, should that of just been the shove with only 2 dollar difference, since gaurianted $5 anyways?

Old
Thu May 03, 2012, 01:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Amature Playr!

I agree with Chris, that I'm either shoving or folding here (most likely shoving).

For the level increases, I look at it as a % of the buy-in.
If it's a 25 cent tourney with a $2 pay jump, that's more significant and I'd want to get it if I could. If it's a $5.50 tourney, then a $2 jump is not anywhere near as significant, so it's worth the risk to chip-up and make it farther in the tourney.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 04, 2012, 01:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi guys.

What I also think is interesting about this hand is that AP decided to fold by a min raise by the BB who has not had to put any money in the pot. Surely it's not a nailed on certainty that we are behind at this stage with a board like the one that was dealt?!

K.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com