Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

How do i start building my bankroll?

Old
Question
How do i start building my bankroll? - Sat May 05, 2012, 02:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
Hey Guys / Girls

Hows it going?

I have been playing poker since 2 years now, started playing live cash games and tourneys and recently i have been taking keen interest in playing poker online since i am unable to give enough time to live poker because of my working hours.

I started playing micro n low SnG's to build my bankroll. Is it a right way to start? please post your suggestions on how should i build my bankroll. My main interests are Tourneys and SnG's.

Also please give me your suggestions as where from and how can i improve my online poker game

Cheers

Old
Sat May 05, 2012, 08:33 AM
(#2)
Not even a single rpley...

Old
Sat May 05, 2012, 08:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
I can only tell you how I done it.

First the bad way:

I deposited £20 and played $5.50 STT's where I was crushing elsewhere, needless to say I lost the lot. Only when I done a £30 player transfer on i-poker that was repaid to myself on here did I come back.

I started playing the old $1.10 D2N's for quite a few games and built up my roll to around $150. When the D2N's changed I moved to Limit STT's. Not because I'm bad at the new 50/fifty's it's just that's the way it went. I like limit although I wouldn't say I'm a great player but I am a decent STT player and combining the 2 in Limit STT's has seen my bankroll increase very well. I now play $3.50 to $7 Limit STT's although I may have to move back to NL as there's not a great selection available at higher stakes.

If I were to do it from a freeroll (which I've done on a few sites) I'd play freerolls until I had one buy in for one 50/fifty. I'd take a shot and drop back to freerolls if I lost but stay in them until I had enough to move to regular STT's. I'd steer clear of the 25 cents 45 man STT's as there's just too high a variance in these, no matter how good you are there are always players that will crack your AA with 72o. I would play the $50 and $100 added tournies though in the MTT tab.

Old
hello - Sat May 05, 2012, 09:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
this is way it goes....for start play micros tournament different structure
0.10 45man
0.10 360 man
0.10 1kplayers fiel

so try to play like 10 time of every option it is like 3$
so go grab statistic and see wat is type a tournament you are most succesive on

like 0.10 360
so play like 5 tounrmanet each day its no more th0.5$

play it about one month and you will be able to play 1.10$ because in that month you will earn about 130-200$ profit if you are eligible to play 1.10 so next month it is about 450$ it isnt enough for life still but than
once in week play 8.80 HIT a ITM and you will be no worry....sorry for my bad English wish you all the best.... .

i just wanna to say...never play more than 5-7% of you bankroll buyINs

Old
Sat May 05, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Arj1985!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you familiar with the different things that PSO has to offer.

When I first started playing online, I started with the astronomer freerolls and the PSO leagues. I then moved to the micro mtt's and sng's. Make sure that you use good bankroll management in the games that you play and it is possible to build a bankroll from scratch.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 05, 2012, 09:49 AM
(#6)
Thanks guys much appreciated

Old
Sat May 05, 2012, 09:52 AM
(#7)
i have already started playing SnG's. i deposited $20 and within a weeks time i managed to get my bankroll to $70.

Old
Mon May 07, 2012, 08:01 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
You're well bankrolled for $1.50 STT's both 6 and 9 man and enough to take a stab at $3.50 although keep an eye on that roll. If anything $3.50 will be slightly easier as more players will have a clue and bad beats will happen less frequently.

I have a far greater bankroll and play $3.50 and $7.00 but I multi table these in batches of 6-10 so I need a far bigger roll to take any swings. As I've said on other threads, I have a 14% ROI in these yet have lost 13 straight 6 max STT's in a row. Swings will happen no matter how well you play. Just keep a careful eye on your balance, it's still at a low amount.

Just work on one game at a time and give it your full focus, when you find that winning formula you can then multiply your tables up.

Old
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
You're well bankrolled for $1.50 STT's both 6 and 9 man and enough to take a stab at $3.50 although keep an eye on that roll. If anything $3.50 will be slightly easier as more players will have a clue and bad beats will happen less frequently.

I have a far greater bankroll and play $3.50 and $7.00 but I multi table these in batches of 6-10 so I need a far bigger roll to take any swings. As I've said on other threads, I have a 14% ROI in these yet have lost 13 straight 6 max STT's in a row. Swings will happen no matter how well you play. Just keep a careful eye on your balance, it's still at a low amount.

Just work on one game at a time and give it your full focus, when you find that winning formula you can then multiply your tables up.

thanks bud i will work on what you have said. if anything else needed get back to you. also if you can tell which are good poker tracking softwares for MAC besides poker tracker 3

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com