Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 07, 2012, 12:07 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Okay, you know what ... like I was looking through those pro hands on the boom player, and some of them are so strange in that there were SEVERAL hands of people 4-bet shoving into pros with A high.

I figured there had to be more going on there, like people must have seen the pros check-raising and reraising with air for them to be willing to stack off with A high?

You don't even see that at the penny tables, really ... I wish, but alas

It's almost like a different game up there at the higher stakes with some of the hands ...

Old
Mon May 07, 2012, 12:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Chiren 4 EVAR!

Old
Mon May 07, 2012, 10:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Well, here's how you get that image From Event 3-H a few hours after he ships event 2-M

The replayer doesn't seem to show it. But he shows the bluff after the hand with Jc9s

Quad Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ahar010; Mon May 07, 2012 at 10:03 PM..

Old
Cool
More than one gear - Mon May 07, 2012, 10:30 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2011
We all know his rep yet today in the final table he played mostly,until heads up a very tight damn near nitty at the mid stage game,I was surprized and impressed as I thought he only played at "run away train speed" ,Shows he has more than one game to play,nice

Old
Cool
You Spot On. - Mon May 07, 2012, 10:41 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2011
You answered your own question,it is a different game,a completly different game ! just like the skill and thought process changes from "play" money to any level of real cash the same applys when you go up to high stakes.Also these people have played huge amounts of hands against each other over time and know,or should, each others metagame to a tee.
You are right too.It seems the only time I see or play Ace high vs King it gets checked down at best ! and when I try anything magic I look like a clown.Best of luck

Old
Tue May 08, 2012, 01:23 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettnz View Post
You answered your own question,it is a different game,a completly different game ! just like the skill and thought process changes from "play" money to any level of real cash the same applys when you go up to high stakes.Also these people have played huge amounts of hands against each other over time and know,or should, each others metagame to a tee.
You are right too.It seems the only time I see or play Ace high vs King it gets checked down at best ! and when I try anything magic I look like a clown.Best of luck
Hey ya, that's very true about there being that difference between the play tables and the penny tables being a move up stakes, and so there'll be those stylistic differences every time there's a jump up in stakes. Interesting!

And so true about trying to do something 'fancy' but instead winding up looking like a clown - haha!! Ahhh, 2nl ... good times

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com