Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

ATo +strt/ river completes flush/pot>200bb

Old
ATo +strt/ river completes flush/pot>200bb - Mon May 07, 2012, 08:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Hello, i'm not sure about the river shove... It's probable that V is probably calling w/ a flush draw, even though he's turn play doesn't indicate a flush draw... but if I check here and he shoves it would've been a tough spot so I decided to shove here since I've already invested more than 50bb... I probably would've made a crying call on the river if it went check/shove, but the guy is 82/5 on 40 hands... so even though the turn play doesn't indicates that he has a flush draw he is only raising 5% and he is somewhat a calling station and when those guys shove.... sigh, I don't know.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($5.12)
MP1 ($0.57)
MP2 ($2.94)
CO ($9.93)
Button ($2)
SB ($2)
Hero (BB) ($2)
UTG ($1.28)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 10
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero bets $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.22) Q, K, 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.26) J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.18, UTG+1 raises to $0.36, Hero raises to $1.08, UTG+1 calls $0.72

River: ($2.42) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.80 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $0.80

Total pot: $4.02 | Rake: $0.14

Old
Tue May 08, 2012, 12:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi puch,

When a villain who is a passive calling station clicks back the turn he will have a big hand pretty much all the time (are we sure about the calling station read? 80/5 are preflop stats). So I think if that station read is right we can expect him to have 2 pair+ the vast majority of the time, and we can 3b larger since this player type is never folding any of those hands and we have the nuts.

As played I still like shoving the river vs. a station, as he will tend to check down 2 pair and sets on this board, and maybe even a ten, but he will call with all of those if you bet.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 09, 2012, 07:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Thanks man, I wasn't really sure about that river shove, didn't want to check and get shoved on... yeah 80/5 are preflop stats, just wanted to say that he's playing almost every hand and I noticed he had been calling a lot on the flop. which is why I checked the flop. he would've called with anything + any Q/K so there was no value in c-betting that flop. but i noticed he was a calling station. was really worried about the flush.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com