Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2 NL 6 Max QQ laydown to fish

Old
2 NL 6 Max QQ laydown to fish - Thu May 10, 2012, 06:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain AsPanzer1979: 95/26 after 255 hands, fold to 3 bet= 0% out of 6
Caldas984: 98/56 after 55 hands

Both play almost any 2 cards. Panzer makes bluffs on the river at time to take down the pot.

Got QQ, 3 bet them for value. Flop comes AK3, bad flop for me. I thought it would have hit his range if he held an Ax or Kx so I checked on the flop. Made a delayed cbet but sadly he called. I guess the call means I'm beaten so the river should be a check-fold.

I was wondering if you should make a cbet on flop, representing u hit an Ace? His fold to cbet is 40% over 62 hands. How would you have played this hand?

Old
Thu May 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi TANW,

LOL @ 95 and 98% vpips, wow. My first thought was "is this a typo?" lol. (Especially the 98% guy, he's voluntarily put money in preflop with 54/55 hands, which leads me to wonder was the other one a misclick fold or free play in the BB? )

I think your line is ok here. It seems pretty hard for a flop c-bet to get called by worse hands, and I can't picture these guys folding better hands even as bad as K-rag on an AKx flop.

When the flop checks through I think a delayed c-bet is viable as I imagine we may get some calls from worse hands now like draws and worse 1 pair hands. The other thing we might consider trying in this spot is a token value bet on the river, something small that the villain will pay off with a small pair because he won't be able to help himself, and probably fold to a big raise. I think the way we'll beat these guys will largely be by taking them to value town, and with 3rd pair this is a very thin spot for sure.

I really like the large preflop 3b for value btw. I might even go larger. A crazy large 3b rarely makes much sense but this may be one of those rare cases given the villain stats for these 2 opponents.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Haha it's his strategy to play all his hands. Amazing to have survived 200 hands lol... Just a question, if we make a larger 3bet for value, is the purpose also to make them committed as the SPR will be lower?

Old
Thu May 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Yeah, that and a larger 3B vs. these guys is for straight value. Playing every hand means they will quite often flop a weak holding or complete air. It builds a bigger prelfop pot for us to take down when they miss, and gets them tied in to stacking off many worse hands than QQ post flop.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com