Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL25 KK 4-bet pot

Old
NL25 KK 4-bet pot - Thu May 10, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $24.54 (98.2 bb)
Hero (BB): $25.35 (101.4 bb)
UTG: $27.26 (109 bb)
MP: $25.35 (101.4 bb)
CO: $25.35 (101.4 bb)
BTN: $10.01 (40 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: K:club:
3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $7, BTN folds, SB calls $4.75

Flop: ($14.75) Q:diamond: 5:heart: A:diamond: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $18.35 and is all-in, SB calls $17.54 and is all-in

Turn: ($49.83) 7:diamond: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($49.83) 5:spade: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Villain's stats: VPIP:38 PFR:25 Agg:24% H:88

On the flop the shove is a spewy play against him because of the ace or because it is a 4-bet pot it is not so bad because he can call here with Qx or maybe a flush draw?

Last edited by Nocco88; Thu May 10, 2012 at 04:21 PM..

Old
Thu May 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nocco,

I don't really like the shove for over the size of the pot here. I don't think he's calling off with Qx etc... much of his range is pocket pairs (that have hit or missed, mostly missed obviously), and solid aces. Maybe some more marginal hands but it's tough to tell based on only vpip and pfr. He's 3-betting in response to a button steal (we don't know how he plays there) and calling a cold 4b (we don't know how he plays there, but most players don't call a cold 4b light). So I think we can bet the flop smaller, and expect the weak hands and missed pairs to just fold, and the aces to continue. Or we can check back the flop but that may well induce an aggressive player to try and rep the ace, and we probably have to call off then, which is kind of gross. Shoving I think is the worst option though, because we'll only get called when beat. (Shouldn't be worried about a flush draw btw, both the A and Q are diamonds so there's very few combos of diamonds he can have, maybe even none depending on how wide he'd call a cold 4b). At least checking back/inducing is going to show more long term profit getting stacks in I think because you'll still be paying an ace+, but also now sometimes be getting paid by pocket pairs he turns into a bluff. Since he seems pretty LAGgy, I'd probably go with this line.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com