Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

EV Adjusted meaning in Holdem manager

Old
EV Adjusted meaning in Holdem manager - Sat May 12, 2012, 05:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I know it has something to do with EV adjustment when i was all in through these hands but a good explanation would be helpful understand how this works and how is this useful for me when analyzing my game.

Old
Sat May 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to software section since it's a ? about holdem manager JWK24***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
It pretty much shows you what your profit (or loss) would be if you ran at perfect EV. Let's say that you're in a pot of $100, all in preflop, and you have AA against KK, then the EV adjusted number will show $82, because that's your equity in the pot when you went all in.

It can be useful sometimes because it will show you if you got your money in good or bad. If you're down two buyins but the EV adjusted graph shows that you should be up one buyin (or whatever), you know you got your money in good. Just note that this is all your hands combined for that specific session (or whatever filter you have applied).

Last edited by Feskprins; Sat May 12, 2012 at 04:36 PM..

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Thanks for a quick response Feskprins, this is exactly what i thought it was... Pretty obvious but i want to make sure i am reading the numbers right.

So in the above chart i have shown, is it ok to assume that i got my money in really good in the 30 NL 668 hands i have played and its just i ran bad?

Old
Mon May 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan View Post
Thanks for a quick response Feskprins, this is exactly what i thought it was... Pretty obvious but i want to make sure i am reading the numbers right.

So in the above chart i have shown, is it ok to assume that i got my money in really good in the 30 NL 668 hands i have played and its just i ran bad?
Yes, I would think so. 668 hands is also a very small sample size, so you're just on the bad side of variance.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com