Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

League status showing n/a?

Old
League status showing n/a? - Sun May 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2008
BronzeStar
Hi I've played about 4 or 5 league games now over a period of a couple of days, but my league status in the welcome screen is still showing Your League N/A - why is that?

Thanks

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Lkyslev1n!

I see that you've played 4 games and are in 39446th in the open league. Here's a link to it.

From just seeing the results you have, try to be more patient, as it looks like you may be playing too many hands, too ealy in the tournies. In the leagues, patience and not getting your chips all-in until you know that you have the best hand after all 5 are on the board is the key.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thanks JWK,

I was looking at the MTT lessons here and the bubble lesson mentioned the need to be agressive to accumulate chips, I was applying the same concept early on in the league as there are so many entrants to get a high finish I figured you would need many chips so need to take risks to accumulate, is this the wrong idea do you think

Thanks

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 01:41 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Yeah. The leagues are a different animal than a cash tourney, as there is much more of a penalty for an early exit. In a league game (when the US players could play), I wouldn't get aggressive until after the bubble. Getting ITM in them is the largest increase for league points other than the top 3... so it's a necessity to get ITM as often as possible, regardless of how many chips I had.
The key in them is to take basically no risks at all and to last as long as possible.
If I played hands early, they were QQ+ or maybe AK and I would only play AK and be all-in if I had top pair after the flop (preferably not be all in even then).

Even in cash tourneys, taking risks early is not a good idea. The key in these is to get ITM, then to the final table, then top 3, then win. If I don't get ITM, then I can't win and taking risks early unless I have a premium hand is not a strategy that I want to use.

I tried to have my flop % in the 15-20% range if I was getting really good cards, it would be in the 10-15% range if I was getting avg cards and in the 5-9% range if I was card dead. I didn't want to ever take a chance to give a chip away in them, as lasting longer in them is the key.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I tried to have my flop % in the 15-20% range if I was getting really good cards, it would be in the 10-15% range if I was getting avg cards and in the 5-9% range if I was card dead. I didn't want to ever take a chance to give a chip away in them, as lasting longer in them is the key.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)
Well if you ever get back, boy are you going to have to adapt. Try 0%-5%. And to hit 5% the dealer would have to be your lover

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 02:01 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Well if you ever get back, boy are you going to have to adapt. Try 0%-5%. And to hit 5% the dealer would have to be your lover
I remember one of them vividly... played for almost 2 hrs. Saw 2 whole flops... a double-up and my blind out hand.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Great thanks for the advice JWK I am going to have to tame the fighter in me and just fold alot then by the sounds of things!

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#8)
ROEye
(SpecialHam)
Do I hear some d0nkey talk here?

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 09:55 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEye View Post
Do I hear some d0nkey talk here?

Ya,and it just got deafening to...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
I have wondered about that as well - Sun May 13, 2012, 11:00 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LkySlev1n View Post
Hi I've played about 4 or 5 league games now over a period of a couple of days, but my league status in the welcome screen is still showing Your League N/A - why is that?

Thanks
Good luck in the league!

That has always shown N/A for me as well.

I also wonder why.

Old
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LkySlev1n View Post
my league status in the welcome screen is still showing Your League N/A - why is that?

Thanks
The PS moderators are in training to enter politics. Have you noticed how they have said a lot but not answered your question?

I don't think they would be very good as politicians though because what they have said makes sense and is actually useful.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com