Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Live Training LAG

Old
Live Training LAG - Sun May 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
I have more or less given up posting on the forum, to be honest PSO has lost a lot of the attraction it once had for me. Indeed I have been so busy with other things recently that poker has taken a back seat, although one night, a few weeks back, I did manage to decimate about half my bankroll

Anyway, I have resigned myself to the fact that I do not have the commitment or the time to be anything more than a casual/recreational player but I still want to play as well as I can. That is one of the main reasons that from time to time I still attend live training.

And therein lies the problem, the trainers are good, but the LAG in time between the hand being played and the commentary on it is appalling. You often have the trainer discussing his play in the hand minutes after the hand has been played out on the screen.

Internal info Removed

So I would really appreciate if someone could look into this issue and get it resolved, the delay in commentary on hands makes it a real chore to learn anything from live training.

Thanks,

TC

Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun May 13, 2012 at 03:22 PM..

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 03:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello Top,

We will look into this and see what the problem might be. I have not seen any LAG in the trainings I have attended but we will see what we can find.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
It's because the hand replayer/slides are in real time, while the audio is a buffered stream. That means that if you lose connection for let's say one second, the audio will from now on always be one second behind. These add up and eventually you're hearing the audio with a 10-15 second delay (or whatever). What you can do is to just refresh the page and the audio will start from real time again.

As for the videos in the video archive; These have been recorded with those brief communication breaks every now and then and the audio becomes more and more out of sync the longer the session runs. Not much to be done about that though, unless someone fixes that by syncing the audio and video (note that this must be done at multiple points in some videos) and then reupping them to PSO.

Hope this helped a little.

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 06:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feskprins View Post
As for the videos in the video archive; These have been recorded with those brief communication breaks every now and then and the audio becomes more and more out of sync the longer the session runs. Not much to be done about that though, unless someone fixes that by syncing the audio and video (note that this must be done at multiple points in some videos) and then reupping them to PSO.

Hope this helped a little.

Is the Audio Recorded/Sent Digital or Analog?
This maybe, have do with Analog and Digital signals, Analog is faster than Digital.
If u listen to Same radio station on different platforms; same song (music)
Analog ; Radio station
Digital : Online Radio
There's a about 2/3 sec lag, when listening at same time, Try It (i found out one day when i was changing radio station platforms), gives a echo effect too the music
All Thee Best

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 10:51 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
And therein lies the problem, the trainers are good, but the LAG in time between the hand being played and the commentary on it is appalling. You often have the trainer discussing his play in the hand minutes after the hand has been played out on the screen.

So I would really appreciate if someone could look into this issue and get it resolved, the delay in commentary on hands makes it a real chore to learn anything from live training.
Hi top,

I went through the entire frosty012 session recording as I promised during Andy's session, and the audio is perfectly sync'd up (when this session is published in the video archive you'll be able to see that). For instance at the end of the class he's discussing a concept while the display is on 1 table, already having said it's time to wrap up the class, then the display switches to table Dufour where we see Tyler holding AQ on a Q high flop and a short stacker having bet into him. Instantly Tyler says "I think I'm going to finish up on Dufour here... I think I'm going to raise and get this in." And he raises as he's saying he's going to do it.

There are 2 things going on here is my guess. First, Tyler did a LOT of discussion about a few specific spots that came up well beyond the end of the hand (of course he is playing live so new hands etc keep coming). He went into a lot of detail with his thoughts and there were a lot of questions in the chat which he was fielding as well. So yeah there were times where he was talking about a hand/spot several minutes after it was over, but there was no lag, he was still discussing from when the hand happened, answering "what if" questions, and going into some pretty nice detail with his thoughts. I found the content he provided in today's session to be excellent btw.

The other thing is what Feskprins mentioned. We've had this problem before and it does cause an audio delay that increases slowly over time. This connection/buffering issue can occur on either end and cause the problem. In the case of today's sessions it appears the problem was on your end, as I saw zero lag in my review of Tyler's class, and confirmed with 2 other attendees they experienced no audio lag either.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com