Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

what would you do

Old
what would you do - Wed May 16, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Senario is you limp in with about 4 others and it gets check all around until river. One player bets and everyone folds. They win pot. Now heres my question. There on board is 2 jacks and an ace. Now next hand dealt and you get JAo would you play that hand knowing that jacks and aces were just played the hand before?

Old
Wed May 16, 2012, 07:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dopplerboyf5!

If the right scenario hits, ABSOLUTELY! Each hand is it's own individual trial that has no bearing on prior hands. It's its own individual event and cards have no memory.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 16, 2012, 07:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi doppelerboy,

I would snap fold AJo! I only play AA, KK, AKs! jk

It entirely depends on table dynamics, position and stack sizes. Even if the previous flop, turn and river had JJA if the situation deems an open raise to 3x in position or flat calling as well 3 betting out of the blinds with AJo I'd most certainly play the hand as it is a strong holding.

Best of luck to you at the tables and thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I was looking at it as pure odds. You just saw the cards that you would want played in the previous hand. To me this would be a very scary hand to play.

Old
Wed May 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
This came up during a 45 stt. There was a time I got dealt AA twice in a row and each time it was folded to me. But when you see cards being played out I think the odds of the same cards again being played (flop,turn,river) is alot greater! BTW I finished in fourth!!!

Old
Sat May 26, 2012, 04:47 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
hi doppler

for me every hand is a new one. so ive i get dealt AJ as in your scenario im playing it

hope to "see" you tonight

Old
Sat May 26, 2012, 05:48 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplerboyf5 View Post
Senario is you limp in with about 4 others and it gets check all around until river. One player bets and everyone folds. They win pot. Now heres my question. There on board is 2 jacks and an ace. Now next hand dealt and you get JAo would you play that hand knowing that jacks and aces were just played the hand before?
Hi.

The implication of this question is that somehow AJ becomes more or less playable as a result of the fact that JJA had appeared on the previous flop. Under the law of independent trials, once the cards are picked up and randomized, the flop you just saw has absolutely no effect on the flop which is coming.

See this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepen...bility_theory)

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com