Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

participate/viewer in trainings sessions

Old
participate/viewer in trainings sessions - Thu May 17, 2012, 02:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I just realized I can't join some sessions as a participate when my vip point levels get under 150. Now that sucks because I build my points up, play sats and then get under 150. So apparently I can't use them if I want to participate in the sessions. Geez. i am viewing now but not the same. That sucks considering I been a member of PSO for years.

Good side I guess it is summer, I should be either gardening or Golfing! Not trying to improve my poker game.

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
(#2)
Not sure. I will re-register and see what happens! At least I can still hear the session so it isn't all bad. and on another note hope all went well with your Leg op!

Last edited by 3Karen3; Thu May 17, 2012 at 03:07 PM..

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 03:08 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya Karen

We will look into this and see if there is a problem here

Best of luck at the tables and thanks for letting us know about this.

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
Yep i all good thanks much and good to see you been a long time hope you been doing well

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 03:11 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Karen,

There is no VPP restriction on today's SCOOP warm up with ChewMe1. The original 75 participant slots were full early, which is probably where you ran into the problem We did open 50 additional slots at quarter til however, so there are 125 total participant slots (and 410 viewer slots).

The only difference between the 2 is that participants can type in the chat, while viewers can not. Viewers still see and hear everything. And for the special promo, both participants and viewers will get the ticket.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
(#6)
I guess that is probably what happen, registered too late--it is fine. i am watching his live table, listening and watching the session and playing in it!
Maybe I will meet up with Chew at a table. haha then I .. oh never mind. hah

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 03:33 PM
(#7)
Gave myself two buys in, and out. Couldn't hit. but didn't know I couldn't play in the same game as I am watching in a training session. Oops. just read that in chat of the session. Makes sense. Also didn't know I could see the table at the time I registered. wasn't thinking and won't do that again.

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 03:58 PM
(#8)
Since: May 2011
Hi Karen,

I don't think playing satellites use up VPPs. They reset monthly up to Gold star (and I think your previous month's level is used for entry to some live training sessions?).

FPPs go down when you use them to buy into satellites, t-shirts and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Karen3 View Post
I just realized I can't join some sessions as a participate when my vip point levels get under 150. Now that sucks because I build my points up, play sats and then get under 150. So apparently I can't use them if I want to participate in the sessions. Geez. i am viewing now but not the same. That sucks considering I been a member of PSO for years.

Good side I guess it is summer, I should be either gardening or Golfing! Not trying to improve my poker game.

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 04:06 PM
(#9)
yah I use my fpp's to buy in sats and stuff. I was late and like Dave said, I was late registering and the slots filled up.
I had went to register before for a training session and couldn't participate so I just closed it. but that one did have a restriction. Why I don't know since they are training sessions.

It is all good though I watched and listened. At least this time I left it open and find out I could still watch and listen. So I learned something new today which means my day wasn't wasted.

Old
Thu May 17, 2012, 05:20 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Karen3 View Post
.but didn't know I couldn't play in the same game as I am watching in a training session. Oops. just read that in chat of the session
That's not exactly right... you can't play at the same table as the trainer. Obviously, since you can see the trainers hole cards. So you may not sit down with a trainer at a cash game table DURING TRAINING (feel free to sit with them when they're not doing a live training session). In terms of tournaments, it's perfectly fine to join the same tournament as the trainer. If you end up on their table however you must leave live training. We can see who's in there and violators would risk permanent ban from live training, as well as possible ban from PSO or even PokerStars... it's a pretty heavily frowned upon violation.

But yeah, you can register. Like on Sunday ChewMe is playing the SCOOP Main Event for the Sunday Special... everyone should feel free to both play and attend live training. It would be extremely rare to be on Chew's table anyway in a large field mtt. But if it happens, simply leave the room. You can come back into the training room when on different tables again.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com