Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

How big is your bankroll?

Old
How big is your bankroll? - Fri May 18, 2012, 03:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Having got my BR back in business got me thinking, what size is the typical BR, at least here at the PSO.

Mine currently stands at $229.04.

Now you know how big mine is, how big is yours? Don't be shy now

Old
Fri May 18, 2012, 11:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
$606

Old
Fri May 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocofsmeg View Post
Now you know how big mine is, how big is yours? Don't be shy now
19.2 cm.

Old
Sun May 20, 2012, 04:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
And I bet it's the .2 that does the trick

Old
Tue May 22, 2012, 06:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
I think a person's current bankroll is less important than their TOTAL INVESTMENT in PokerStars. Theory is that most players are losing players, so a bankroll could represent what is left from a person's deposit, or it could be all profits.

My bankroll is small, BUT, I have never made a deposit! You could say my bankroll represents an "infinite" profit over my investment of $0.00. Now, if I had purchased shares in Facebook last Friday, I would be a lot poorer today, by 20%. I'll stick with poker.

Herk

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 01:26 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
BUMP

And thanks to everyone who's commented

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
BronzeStar
0.00$ as of earlier this morning. 1 day I will learn that playing when I have friends over that like to include themself in my tournaments isnt good and I wont bust a 25$ deposit in 2 hours. Care to give me a little help until my next deposit? I will give it back don't worry. A looney would be just fine you know lol.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 11:12 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Honest

Well if you want to know I made a $50 dollar deposit about 6 months ago or so (don't really remember when) and I've been as high as $64 but right now its about $60. Just having fun with it.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 11:24 AM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2012
BronzeStar
I believe you. If I could stick to basic discipline I know I could last for a longtime with a 50-100 deposit. I just need to enjoy playing alone.relaxed without any distraction. For some reasons I get bored just playing 1 table but all my winnings we're made like that. Oh and stop playing when i'm too tired.

So until payday I'll be even more bored. unless someones feels like donating a buck or 2 :p

In exchange I'll will offer my bracelet

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 11:46 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
I used to have the exact same problem as you math, until this bankroll i did not know what to do with it because i constantly used to lose all my money simply because i didnt follow bankroll management

You'll hear all poker players and coaches say just follow strict bankroll management but i don't think it's all about that.....obviously it is to a certain degree and i am currently following that management...but i also have some money on the side on stars so i can set myself some challenges to keep it fun and interesting.

If you follow me on PSO you'll know that i set myself a lot of goals and challenges, i set challenges like playing tournament series with a set roll to start with......like recently i played the PSO Series of Poker with $10 and would not spend any more than that and its what i could afford I also like to take sit n go challenges like the cowboy challenge which you can check out on the "challenges and battleground" forum.

I think the main thing is to control your roll....no pun intended :P but keep yourself interested too by mixing it up...but only what you can afford

I deposited $30 at the start of the year and it is now $210 and i've never looked like losing it

hope this helps.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com