Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

best play with 99

Old
Talking
best play with 99 - Sun May 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
BronzeStar
hello
i win hand with 99 please watch replay hand

this hand in 0.50 $ sit and go in pokerstars 90 player turbo

my hand and my opponent

in flop :

i win a full house, Nines full of Tens
my opponent lose a flush, Queen high

please talk my strategy and my play

Last edited by ussef61; Sun May 20, 2012 at 03:07 PM..

Old
Sun May 20, 2012, 09:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi ussef,

I'm not a fan of limping in as the first one in the pot, I'd rather open for a raise at least to take the initiative.

The flop is just a check-fold, 3rd pair isn't good here very often, you still have another player to act behind you, and you can't take any heat on the turn if you don't catch one of your 2 outs (and even that card puts 3 to a straight on the board so it's still not an unbeatable hand).

On the turn I would bet now. The board is very draw heavy, the last thing we want to do is give the draws a free river. And we want to build the pot against top pair type hands that will call simply because there's so many draws possible they think they can still be in the lead.

On the river, again I would bet. Don't worry, the guy playing Q7s junk will raise you with his flush and you still get his stack. I prefer to bet to extract value from Jx hands, top pair is not likely to bet this river for us but they will call a bet. So in order to extract value from those types of hands I'm betting rather than letting them get a free showdown. Not worried about the guy getting in on the river having us beat, the only hand beating us is JT, JJ, or quads, and it seems very unlikely they will check through the turn with those hands on a super wet board.

Over all you got an ideal result, but things fell just right to make it happen I think. I would tighten up the loose flop call in a 3 way pot with 3rd pair, and try to extract value when you hit a big hand, especially on a very wet board it's not the time to get fancy or slow play.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com