Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

I'll Have Another..Triple Crown winner???

Old
I'll Have Another..Triple Crown winner??? - Thu May 24, 2012, 02:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome to the thread.

I am writing this thread for 1 reason. We are on the brink of being able to watch a major event in horse racing history.

"I'll Have Another" is on his way to finishing the triple crown bid, which has only been accomplished by 11 others until now, like 21 others, he has won the first 2 events, the first since 2004, when "Smarty Jones" won the first 2 legs, only to be upset by a 36-1 longshot in "Birdstone" IMO because of a bad call by the jockey, taking him to the lead too early. This year, I don't think "I'll Have Another"'s Jockey Mario Gutierrez will be making this mistake, because this horse enjoys running from off the pace, and the distance calls for it. The longest race in the Triple Crown, Belmont Raceway will definately be buzzing for the next 9 days as talks of the next Triple Crown winner's name is whisperred and compared with the Giants of the industry( Secretariat, War Admiral, Seattle Slew, Citation)

Take the time to watch Thoroughbred Racing History, Belmont Stakes.

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 02:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
This will be interesting for sure

But your off a little Big Brown in 2008 was last to have a shot at it winning both the Derby and Preakness

I hope to see history on June 9th

Best of luck to your Horses

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 08:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
It has been 34 years since a horse won the U.S Triple Crown (Affirmed in 1978)
Year Winner
1919 Sir Barton
1930 Gallant Fox
1935 Omaha
1937 War Admiral
1941 Whirlaway
1943 Count Fleet
1946 Assault
1948 Citation
1973 Secretariat
1977 Seattle Slew
1978 Affirmed

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 08:17 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
My point is, "I'll Have Another" is a horse that can easily handle the extra distance @ The Belmont Stakes. As I posted previously, he's a horse that likes to run off the pace, leaving some gas in the tank for the late charge.

Old
Ill have another - Thu May 24, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
I think this will be the most viewed horse race in the history of horse racing.
Cant wait to see what happens to this horse with international connections.
I'll have another could be renamed ; Ill have another free trade agreement
AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 11:12 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think a triple crown winner would do wonders for the racing industry.
The horse that has the best shot at beating him will be Dullahan.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
all i know is that bodemeister won't win. the horse tires himself out well before the end of the race. he should have won the preakness but the jockey couldn't make him go any faster down the final turn because he was pooped!

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
(#8)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
A guy I work with put $50 on him last second at 13-1 or something he made $800

Last edited by Deanihilator; Thu May 24, 2012 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I think a triple crown winner would do wonders for the racing industry.
The horse that has the best shot at beating him will be Dullahan.

There's the Exacta picked for you all, and if I had to pick a third for the trifecta, it would be Union Rags. Union Rags didn't break well from the gate in the Kentucky Derby, and will be taking on a big part of the betting Favorite as Bodemeister will be skipping the Belmont

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Union Rags will NEVER get 1 1/2 miles. The third horse in there is Alpha (bred to love the extra distance)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Sorry JWK, but DRF, the Daily Racing Form has Union Rags @ 8-1, while Alpha is @ 15-1, and quite honestly, I think Street Life at 15-1 will beat Alpha. Street Life finished 3rd in the Peter Pan Stakes, with a huge gain in the last 1/4 of a mile. Think I'm going to take a 4 horse box for the trifecta> I'll Have Another>Dullahan>Union Rags>Street Life>.

Thinking of taking an upset horse for a $5 win ticket> Street Life

This is another horse that likes to come from the back end, off the pace.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com