Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2 NL 6 Max QQ avoidable?

Old
2 NL 6 Max QQ avoidable? - Thu May 24, 2012, 03:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hi guys, villain raDrak was 22/15 after 60 hands. Pretty tight and straightforward player.

With the SPR of 7, would you have made a decision to stack him off after he called the flop and turn?

How could I have played this hand better?

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 04:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi AwesomeNW.

In this spot, yeah I'm fine with your line of 3 barrels, including the river shove.

While the opp is reasonably tight for 6max, he is hardly a nit.

I do think he is tight enough that you can discount JT when he calls your 3bet pre, but this flop is going to hit his range pretty well with hands that are less than your bottom set. That argues for you to not slow play your bottom set, because he figures to pay you off if you bet.

SPR of 7 going to the flop is a medium SPR, and that does favor playing for stacks with a set if your opponent chooses to do so.

As such some of the time you will run into AA/KK, but more often I think you are stacking him with AQ/AK in his hand, so I go for it on the river when I have just under a pot size bet left in my stack.

You played it fine in my opinion.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 24, 2012, 08:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Ok thanks!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com