Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Sometimes you get that miracle.....

Old
Red face
Sometimes you get that miracle..... - Tue May 29, 2012, 08:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
The tourney is the Women's $5.50 league game, I have 785 in chips and Tc9c. There are three all-ins in front, but I've posted the BB and have only $615 behind. I knew I needed a great flop, but didn't feel I had much choice at this point (no hand analysis required, as I think these hands played themselves).

So I won the main pot, but still don't have a comfortable chip stack. Next hand I have AcKs, and I'm facing an all in from the short stack, so I'm all in again.

In two hands I went from last to fourth in this tourney. These hands were about halfway through the tourney, I went on to finish 3rd (small tourney, only six get paid and only the final table makes points).

The moral of the story is don't ever give up, as long as you have the famous "chip and a chair", you still have a chance.

Good luck out there!!

Old
Wed May 30, 2012, 04:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Joy,

Yes, it just goes to show that a couple of nice hands at the right time can make a tourney.

Here thankfully they fell right for you.

I'm still looking forward to the day where you win the Women's Sunday!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 30, 2012, 11:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
The moral of the story is don't ever give up, as long as you have the famous "chip and a chair", you still have a chance.
You've got it Joy! Good job and keep it up.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 30, 2012, 12:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
You're absolutely right Joy

Picking the right time and position with the right cards makes all the difference
Congrats

While some will say "when you're low play any 2 cards", I opt for position and good cards and of course luck

I'll take PGC vs ATC any time...lol

Old
Wed May 30, 2012, 11:52 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Joy,

Yes, it just goes to show that a couple of nice hands at the right time can make a tourney.

Here thankfully they fell right for you.

I'm still looking forward to the day where you win the Women's Sunday!

Raiser
I'd love to win that one, but Sunday is usually not a good poker day for me. Right now I'm concentrating on the Women's $5.50 league, second place, I'm 2 points out of first with one day to go. Wish me luck!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com