Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6 max TPTK river value

Old
2nl 6 max TPTK river value - Wed May 30, 2012, 06:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
vllain is 57/7 with an af of 3.5 over just 15 hands so no solid reads but i think we can call him a fish.
the open raiser is 40/27 af 5 over the same sample.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

when the donk better leads with such a weak bet and the OR calls i put both on some kind of draw and deside to treat the min bet as if it was a check and just bet out to charge them for the draw
thoughts please?

my real point is can we extract any value here or is the best line just to check back?

thanks guys and any other points are welcome.

Old
Wed May 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pokerspants,

A guy playing this fishy (all be it for a small sample) I would definitely value bet on the river. If he's got a busted draw he won't call, but he will pay us off with all his worse 1 pair hands that he took this line with, and since the river doesn't rate to have improved him, I think we will get called by worse hands significantly more often than we run into a better hand. So I do like a river value bet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com