Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

What have you been doing?

View Poll Results: I'm a
Underage [13 to 17 years old] - Give me 8 more years and I'll win Main Event! 0 0%
Undergrad - Poker's fun, who knows, it might replace my job in the future 4 30.77%
Employee - Yes Boss! ...... "When's the next pay rise?" 1 7.69%
Small Business / Self Employed - If you want it done right, do it yourself! 5 38.46%
Big Business Owner - I'm looking for the right people 0 0%
Investor - Cut the crap, show the plan 0 0%
Housewife - Extra pocket money will be good =) 1 7.69%
Retiree - Just for the fun of it 2 15.38%
Full time Poker Player - Bad beats, tilt? What's that? 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old
What have you been doing? - Thu May 31, 2012, 12:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
It has been very rewarding to be here in PSO forum. Everyone helps one another, great trainers, discussions and advices from fellow members. How fun will it be if we can know a little more what everyone is doing besides poker?

Pick the choice that best represents you and let's find out the demographics of future Poker Stars right here!

Old
Thu May 31, 2012, 11:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Although I'm a retiree, I play more for the challenge than anything else. I spent 20 years in the computer industry, when learning new systems was an everyday routine. After I retired, I found I missed the constant learning that was a big part of my job.

Poker replaced that challenge for me, you can "learn the game in ten minutes, but take a lifetime to master it". (not sure who I'm quoting, it's close at least) The challenge of building a BR from zero and continuing to build at a steady pace is enough to keep me working on my game.

Having fun doing this counts too, of course!!

Old
Fri Jun 01, 2012, 01:20 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I dropped out of tenth grade to go to trade school for carpentry and I went on to become a jack of all trades , master of none
I was a roofer for ten years , but It's hard on knees and back so I've been installing siding for last 18 years or so.With many construction jobs along the way

I plan on winning the lotto soon and playing poker fulltime
My age is catching up to me now so that lotto win is gonna happen this weekend.I got a good feeling about it

Last edited by Deanihilator; Fri Jun 01, 2012 at 09:11 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 01, 2012, 03:17 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
I Work in a shop, not glamorous or exciting, but it pays the bills. Wouldn't mind my poker skills developing enough to augment my income, but I'm realistic, so ill believe it when I see it. Still gonna try, though.

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 11:55 AM
(#5)
Great to hear from everyone! For me, I'm self-employed. Many yearn for flexible hours, but it's really a double-edged sword. Low discipline will lead to procrastination. But I'm glad I'm able to have more hours to play poker. Hope to become to a full time pro. Still got lots and lots to learn from everyone

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 12:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I fit into 3 of them... and since I can't pick multiple, didn't want to only pick one.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Cool thread I've worked dozens of jobs from retail to working on building sites but right now im waiting to go back to college ( unemployed ). I've always been a gambler so for me poker became an obsession that I had to improve at

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 06:27 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Retired and loving it. I quit full time work in 2000 and worked part time for 10 years. My poker "career" began only 6 years ago, although I have played many other card games since childhood. Anyone remember "Go Fish"? That is how I sometimes play poker, much to my chagrin.

Herk

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 12:31 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I fit into 3 of them... and since I can't pick multiple, didn't want to only pick one.
Which 3 are you under? Should have included a choice called "Others"

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2011
i voted housewife as my option because that whats fits the best for my circumstance

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 12:52 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeNW View Post
Which 3 are you under? Should have included a choice called "Others"
employee
self-employed
investor

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2012
I'm an undergraduate student, doing 2 majors, one in business and one in philosophy. I think poker is a lot of fun and it's a fascinating game, so I just want to become better at it, don't really have the ambition to do poker for a living, though I wouldn't mind if some day it will be a profitable activity

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com