Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Guaranteed Tournaments

Old
Guaranteed Tournaments - Thu May 31, 2012, 07:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Sitting here this morning, I am trying to figure out the point of Guaranteed Tournaments, as I have seen only a small handful of these that haven't reached the guaranteed(even the ones I did see were only $20-$50 more than it would have paid out in a non guaranteed tournament).

Here's a suggestion, instead of making Gtd's why not make those tourneys added money, as it really defeats the purpose of having guaranteed tourneys, when 98% of these excede the Gtd.

Old
Thu May 31, 2012, 10:22 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
The guarantee amounts are not there to add value to the prize pool, just to guarantee that the prize pool is at least x dollars. It also serves as a guideline of approximately how large the field will be.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com