Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

WARNING: Dustyschmidt.net

Old
WARNING: Dustyschmidt.net - Fri Jun 01, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I ordered some books at http://dustyschmidt.net/ on May 11th and never received any shipment. I tried contacting the company through four seperate email addresses listed on their site or Paypal. Never received a reply.

The books were supposed to ship next business day and take 3-5 business days to arrive.

When I made the order, the websites security certificate was expired (and no doubt still is). I don't believe this is the source of the issue, considering the company has not responded to my emails.

When my order was made I received an automated email receipt. $35 was Paypal'ed to Imagine media LLC.

Currently disputing my payment on Paypal. Imagine media LLC has made no attempt to respond or react to the dispute. At the moment I have to wait 10 days and see if they respond to the dispute on Paypal. I can tell you right now they won't.

As far as I can tell the company is no longer functioning. Still taking money though!

That is all.

On a side note the main book I wanted is Dusty Schmidt's 'Treat Your Poker Like A Business'. Dusty really knows his stuff and I expect it to be an interesting read. Going to have to pay double the price and get it on Amazon or something now...

Old
re post - Sat Jun 02, 2012, 04:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
seen as how how youve already been burnt for your money why not try gettin off piratebay or somewhere like that

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 03:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
I ordered some books at http://dustyschmidt.net/ on May 11th and never received any shipment. I tried contacting the company through four seperate email addresses listed on their site or Paypal. Never received a reply.

The books were supposed to ship next business day and take 3-5 business days to arrive.

When I made the order, the websites security certificate was expired (and no doubt still is). I don't believe this is the source of the issue, considering the company has not responded to my emails.

When my order was made I received an automated email receipt. $35 was Paypal'ed to Imagine media LLC.

Currently disputing my payment on Paypal. Imagine media LLC has made no attempt to respond or react to the dispute. At the moment I have to wait 10 days and see if they respond to the dispute on Paypal. I can tell you right now they won't.

As far as I can tell the company is no longer functioning. Still taking money though!

That is all.

On a side note the main book I wanted is Dusty Schmidt's 'Treat Your Poker Like A Business'. Dusty really knows his stuff and I expect it to be an interesting read. Going to have to pay double the price and get it on Amazon or something now...
Seriously???????

Is he going to teach you the art of stealing? The guy has just nicked $35 off you. (I don't care if he is no longer or never was in charge of the company which no longer exists, it has his name and he was clearly involved, still his responsibility).

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 09:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
Must be a good read if your after it

Found it on Demonoid , downloaded and now presides on my fone

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Update: After being forced to wait 10 days to allow a reply from the company on Paypal, no reply ever came as expected. Paypal finally reviewed the case and immidiately decided in my favor. $35 has been refunded to my account.

This whole thing has really gotten me curious about Dusty Schmidt and what exactly he is up to? He was planning on coming out with a 'Treat Your Poker Like a Business 2' earlier this year and that has yet to happen. The company selling his original book seems to be no longer functioning. Oddly enough this same company is the only seller of his book on ebay. Imaginemedia-llc is still currently offering his book on Ebay even though they appear to no longer exist or operate?!

Also, I noticed Dusty is no longer a Team Online Pro on Pokerstars. Did he decide to leave Pokerstars or was he kicked out. Then, after did he just straight up walk away from his publishing business? Is he still working on his second book or did he abandon that too?

?

Old
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
I know he left Pokerstars after Black Friday because he could no longer play on Pokerstars.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com