Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

New software update not working

Old
New software update not working - Sat Jun 02, 2012, 01:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Big red bar pops up saying I'm using an old version of the software. I click the upgrade software button, the client closes, re-opens, and the same red window is there. No downloading of the update.

Manually closed all PStars programs through task manager and re-opened the program and it was all the same thing.

Anyone else having this problem?

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 01:32 PM
(#2)
same happened to me i went to PS website and downloaded from there now it works fine

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 01:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi mcrissinger.

I know it doesnt help you very much, but I
Just tried to emulate your problem by closing and reloading PS main, all worked ok for me.

Perhaps PS support can help you out.

Good luck

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 01:43 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I haven't had that problem happen to me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 01:53 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Finally got it to work, guess 15 times was the charm. On to the Club Battle tonight.

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 01:56 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Glad you got it sorted, any thing you can share with the members as to how you did it. Or was it just repeated attempts untill one worked ?

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
On to the Club Battle tonight.
Hopefully one of us is due for some run-good in one. I've gotten pts, but was totally card dead... would like to get some cards for once.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 02, 2012, 03:10 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
Glad you got it sorted, any thing you can share with the members as to how you did it. Or was it just repeated attempts untill one worked ?
I just kept clicking the update software button.

I absolutely refuse to play on the .NET software, so any time I have trouble updating .COM I freak out a little bit. With all of the great stuff PokerStars does, they really should be ashamed to put out a product as bad as .NET.

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 03:45 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
BronzeStar
its happening to me this morning you suggest to keep clicking it ill try that see whta happens

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 04:00 AM
(#10)
im back online

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 04:42 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
just kept pressing the button and it worked!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com