Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

player origin

Old
player origin - Sun Jun 03, 2012, 06:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
in the last couple of days ive noticed a lot of players on my tables that dont have country of origin displayed when i hover the mouse over them ,why is this? mine shows when sitting on a table,milehigh0874(australia) xxxxxx chips,as i tag most players at the table in a game and this is something i havent noticed before

Old
Sun Jun 03, 2012, 07:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Just observed several tables to see if there was a problem, but all the players names, country and chip counts showed as usual. maybe you just got a glitch. If the problem persists perhaps a call PS support would get you an answer.

Good luck

Tony

Old
re post - Sun Jun 03, 2012, 10:47 AM
(#3)
it shows everyones chips and name just not showing everyones country,its not that big a deal ,just wondering why some show and some dont

Old
Sun Jun 03, 2012, 11:01 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
I have the same problem. I think it's only like that for spanish players since they got their own domain a few days ago.

Old
Sun Jun 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
Spanish players don't geolocate.
We got nuked (by our own government).
Two more days and we won't even be able to play... except on the .es, but rather than play that, I'll go play petanque in the village square.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 12:07 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Its been like this since i joined, you find this mostly(only?) on freeroll/play money games
It may because they haven't registered there Name, Address etc with PokerStars, ( as soon as i first won some money, i was asked to register name/address, as you can then withdraw / deposit monez etc) and/or they are on different network .net instead of .com!
I'm not sure if there's a option in main lobby to turn view country on or off?
All Thee Best

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 03:47 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
One thing I've noticed with these is that if you go into the tourny lobby and select you table, it will tell you were they're from there. Its weird, I know.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 04:14 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
Knowing a player's origin bothers you? I assume this is just so you know what language to speak in to say good play/nice hand - otherwise who gives a damn.

You cannot judge a poker player on their country of origin any more than you can judge a person on their height/weight/hairiness/ etc - I fail to see the relevance of this question.

(Although you might want to avoid those aussies - they are a right bunch of "<:P**N??)

Ed from Down Under

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 05:13 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Knowing a player's origin bothers you? I assume this is just so you know what language to speak in to say good play/nice hand - otherwise who gives a damn.

You cannot judge a poker player on their country of origin any more than you can judge a person on their height/weight/hairiness/ etc - I fail to see the relevance of this question.

(Although you might want to avoid those aussies - they are a right bunch of "<:P**N??)

Ed from Down Under
Не так быстро, Эд, русский freerollers, как правило, мусор или засунуть раза типов.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 08:40 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post

Look Out ED were coming for you.

Old
re post - Thu Jun 07, 2012, 12:03 AM
(#11)
to ED read my comment pretyy sure you will see i said its not that big a deal

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com