Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

My Stats Filtered By Position

Old
My Stats Filtered By Position - Sun Jun 03, 2012, 04:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Sorry not really sure what to call this, I'm pretty new to all this and just recently signed up to the forum (check out my intro )

Anyway I got my hands on poker tracker and I've been doing a bit of reading tonight on how to play different positions etc.. Something which I've never really given any thought to. Anyway I thought I'd post my stats so far and I'm open to any advice

Thanks

Old
Sun Jun 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SmythCrewsfc!

I don't run a HUD but will get one if I can play again... as I'm in the US. What types of games are these stats from? Are they all from 6-max, or is it a combination with only the six positions filtered?

One of them sticks out to me immediately and that's the VPIP%'s. 30%VPIP is very high for full ring or tourneys. When I'm playing tourneys, I try to be in the 15-20% range with the higher numbers being from later positions. If they are only from all 6-max tables, then the numbers would be slightly higher, but not necessarily double.
The SB number is also very high at just under 50%. Without knowing the exact cards that you were dealt, I can't tell for certain, but this number is extremely high, which can be from completing much too often.

It seems to me like you may be getting involved in too many pots, which will end up costing chips in the long run.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 03, 2012, 05:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi SmythCrewsfc!

I don't run a HUD but will get one if I can play again... as I'm in the US. What types of games are these stats from? Are they all from 6-max, or is it a combination with only the six positions filtered?

One of them sticks out to me immediately and that's the VPIP%'s. 30%VPIP is very high for full ring or tourneys. When I'm playing tourneys, I try to be in the 15-20% range with the higher numbers being from later positions. If they are only from all 6-max tables, then the numbers would be slightly higher, but not necessarily double.
The SB number is also very high at just under 50%. Without knowing the exact cards that you were dealt, I can't tell for certain, but this number is extremely high, which can be from completing much too often.

It seems to me like you may be getting involved in too many pots, which will end up costing chips in the long run.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
All these are from 6 Max and they're from playing micro stake cash games, usually 0.01/0.02 or 0.02/0.05.

Yeah I definitely do go in on to many hands I'd say although I think part of the reason for that is because there have been numerous times were the tabled dwindles down to 2-3 tables and I am then playing alot more hands in the head to head situation. On the whole though, not taking that into account, I would agree about playing too many hands which is probably down to my concentration, I'll work on that.

Cheers for pointing that out about the SB as well, I never actually noticed that before. It's probably because the blinds are so low that I think it's only $0.01 or whatever but it's still very careless and needless.

Thanks for the advice

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 01:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

Def very loose and it seems like not observing position yet, so it's nice you set this up because now you can follow it on a regular basis. Ideally you can play more hands profitably from late position than early, so you'd see your lowest VPIP/PFR numbers from under the gun, then an increase by position right up to the button which should be your highest. Also add 3b stats in there as well so you can see how often you are 3-betting vs. flat calling raises. In 2nl it's probably fine to just 3b for value, but as you move up you'll want to start identifying good 3b bluff spots as well to make yourself harder to play against for better players (still 3b the loose fish for value though )

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com