Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

fifty50 advice

Old
fifty50 advice - Mon Jun 04, 2012, 11:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
OK, so im thinking of moving up to the $3.50 fifty50 sng's from the $1.50 fifty50's and want to know how different they are, and if I will have to change how I play them.

Thanks in advance.

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 12:04 PM
(#2)
If anything they will be slightly easier as players can fold a hand. Just play your normal game imo, you will encounter many of the same opponents as $1.50 levels.

As I tell everyone, the first thing I do when I join any new game is identify the regs in the lobby. Optimally around 6 tables you can play your A game but more tables than this I think your game starts to suffer. So by identifying players who are 10+ tables you can exploit them, steal their blinds more and generally bully them. They won't stick around in a hand unless they have the stone cold nuts. They are generally all in or fold types even when the blinds are low.

Also look out for players who are just 1 tabling. It could (but not always) be an indication that they are poor players.

The most dangerous are those that are 4-6 tabling imo. They are confident they can multi table at a profit and are generally a decent standard (but again not always).

Generally you should avoid a game that is full of regs. They are usually ABC and easy to read but notoriously difficult to beat.

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
(#3)
Cheers ovalman. Appreciated.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com