Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

oh yes those bad beats

Old
oh yes those bad beats - Mon Jun 04, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I play the £1.50 STTs , 3 or 4 at a time , and play between 6 and 8 hours a day ( not everyday ) .

Yesterday while playing these STTs 19 times , yes 19 , I was all in pre flop with AA or KK after 5betting or shoving over a 3 or 4 bet from some hapless donk , and lost every hand when the donks who call 4 and 5 bets with 22-66 hit their set on the flop . Actually of those 19 hands one I had QQ and 4 bet jammed and got called with pocket 3s !!!!! . And on other I 5bet jammed pre flop with Aces and was called by AQ off suit , and miracle of miracles they run out a flush by the river .

Anyway that was yesterday , as for today , 9 times i have flopped top or middle set and lost a flopped straight ; of course the player hitting the straight limps in from OOp and then precedes to call 1 or 2 raises . Bloody infuriating , just aswell my bankroll is able to absorb these horrendous pieces of misfortune that reward idiotic play .

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 03:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Can I first of all say be honest with yourself.

Have you checked every hand you've played and can confirm this? Have you HEM or PT to back this data up?

Next I would examine every hand individually and ask myself did I play it correctly? If you're shoving AA over 1BB then don't be surprised you get a few callers.

I get hit when I'm down as well. It happens. I've a 13% ROI in STTs yet I've lost 19 straight in a row. I count myself a decent STT player, I wonder how many bad players have to endure.

Chin up, try and play with confidence but also change your game to cash, limit, MTTs or freerolls. Take a break from the STT game. I'm $1.50 to $7 myself although I play limit STTs mainly because it's not reg infested.

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 11:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
pokerstars is out to get you you might as well just give up.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 02:50 AM
(#4)
If your often 5 bet shoving AA and losing a lot I'd suggest stopping shoving with them, its obviously costing you badly, damage control seems like you best option, especially if your running bad.

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 04:03 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocofsmeg View Post
If your often 5 bet shoving AA and losing a lot I'd suggest stopping shoving with them, its obviously costing you badly, damage control seems like you best option, especially if your running bad.
Absolutely not. I doubt that he lost 19 times in a row with aces the way he claims, but even so, you shouldn't stop making +EV moves just because you're running bad. Now THAT'S what costs you money and makes you a losing player.

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 05:18 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
pokerstars is out to get you you might as well just give up.

Absolutely, I'd recommend shoving any two from any position you always get there, pokerstars #1

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 10:23 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feskprins View Post
Absolutely not. I doubt that he lost 19 times in a row with aces the way he claims, but even so, you shouldn't stop making +EV moves just because you're running bad. Now THAT'S what costs you money and makes you a losing player.

True, its just a matter of preference. Personally, I would rather loose a bit of value if they did come good, than loose everything if they didn't come good. At least until my bad run ended.

Not saying this way is necessarily the best, but it will leave me less frustrated with bad beats, and is therefore my preferred play.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com