Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Tournament advice

Old
Tournament advice - Tue Jun 05, 2012, 01:54 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Even though I'm a cash game player, I realized that it can't (obviously) hurt to take some time to study and analyze tournament theory and play. I do have "Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time vol. 1", although this book analyzes individual hands, so I still need some more material, like fundamental theory, strategy and concepts that could take me one step closer to being a consistent MTT winner. Any suggestions are welcome!

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 03:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
The Tournament Rules is a small book by Chris "Fox" Wallace and Adam Stemple they show you simple rules to remember when playing tournament poker , mostly what to do relative to your stack size in a tournament. I think its only available on amazon as a kindle book, its a good starting point.

The most recent tournament book I have is the Raiser's Edge which Elky takes part in, I have not finished reading yet but its the most up to date I have seen.

Also Dan Harrington's tournament books are good .(Harrington on Holdem)

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 10:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Fesk!

The 2nd volume of the one you have is a very good book. It would be the first one that I'd recommend.

Also, make sure that you take a look at the video library. There are plenty of MTT videos and session reviews from all the trainers and pros. They will be a great help too.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 09:53 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Oops, missed that you had responded! I'll look into them and combine them with Kill Everyone that I'm reading at the moment. I only work for one 48 hour shift every other week and all I do there is to lay in a comfy bed, so I read Kill Everyone (and your suggestions) at home, and One Hand At A Time at "work", so it's the perfect combination of theory and practical hand analysis, and I hope it will pay off.

Thanks for your help.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com