Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

BR bust out of ere

Old
BR bust out of ere - Wed Jun 06, 2012, 05:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Well went on advice tightened up etc,on the tables with 100bb and guess what cant win a race,cant hit a flop,cant catch a hand,ak v ak v 77 and there goes my BR,must of lost at least 50 all ins in a row now on cash tables ,wowww wheres the luck factor let alone me having the maths in my favour.

I really am going to quit this time,not quit poker just this site as truley does not matter wether i play,nit,tag,lag or any style of poker i still loose and cant win and its not my lack of skills or any conspiracies,its just i have really bad luck on this site compared to others,

Maybe it is the fact that of software users which when multitabling remind me of bots,or even the fact that we all have the same literature and learning and know each others games making it one huge stalemate.

Or maybe the fact that on other sites there are lesser players.

Either way have decided its time i went,yes you heard that one before I know lol but truly I cant win on here, and im not the minority i might add.

I would like to thank you all sincerely for putting up with the whining and everything else.
But in my quest to beat pokerstars and family situations been grim got my head into a proper pickle.

I am a good player and with some great MTT results and a now proud ITM and ranking.
However i seem to slip into some strange style of play trying to force things to happen.
This however is because i was looking for an edge and trying to get to the top.

I think to any newbies out there that may be reading this I can offer some advice:

Pokerstars no ifs or buts you need tracking software

Stick to BR <bankroll> management- this is essental to survive

And as Daniels wife says,dont do nothing stupid!

Thanks mods and all who have helped me,

The money i have lost is irrelevant, the cost of knowledge is priceless.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 06:07 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
its not my lack of skills
Read my post here where I clearly state:

Quote:
I have played against thousands of opponents, and I'm sorry to say this, but you are probably the most predictable, and thereby the worst, one I have played against. I'm not just saying this to get in your head or anything, I'm telling you this because it's true and you REALLY need to take some time and analyze your game to plug your leaks, and only you can do that. Until then, we are going to keep taking your money.
I have played against you on several occasions, both cash and in tournaments, and I took all your chips in both formats 9/10 times. If you keep blaming bad luck, no one is happier than than the sharks. They don't care how you feel. They just care about taking your money which is because they quickly spot you as a bad player, not because they noticed that you have bad luck.

Quote:
I am a good player and with some great MTT results and a now proud ITM and ranking.
I'm guessing that by "great MTT results" you mean the one where you placed 4th in an MTT? Yes, that is a great result. Singularis. If I remember correctly though, you lost everything in a very short amount of time by playing outside your bankroll. And I'm guessing that by "proud ITM" you mean your 14%?

Last edited by Feskprins; Wed Jun 06, 2012 at 06:34 AM..

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 09:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Well went on advice tightened up etc,on the tables with 100bb and guess what cant win a race,cant hit a flop,cant catch a hand,ak v ak v 77 and there goes my BR,must of lost at least 50 all ins in a row now on cash tables ,wowww wheres the luck factor let alone me having the maths in my favour.

WOW, this made me laugh, Feskprins and myself have told you about bankroll management and you still insist on doing the opposite.....WOW

Was your bankroll at $40? NO, you decided to use all your bankroll to buy in with 100BB (which is $2)

Luck, Really, first you need to know how to play. You think you know, but you don't, you don't have the skills and what happens here, will happen on the other sites. You are part of the 80% of losers, you play for fun or as a pass time. You don't put any efforts in learning.

I was like you or maybe worse. I lost about $20,000 in 4 years before joining PSO 2 years ago and since, I've won money playing the old PSO and used proper bankroll management. In 2011 I cashed in $1,000 and with my goals, this year I'm up +$2,000.

If I can do it, so can anyone, but you need to learn and practice what you've learn. The best place to practice those skills is in the PSO Open League. It doesn't cost anything or practice it in play money. I'm playing 50NL CAP and in the last 5 days, I've watch the same video 4 times and I've watched regulars play for about a good 5 hours. What have you learned in the last 2 months, besides being unlucky?

Unless you take the time to learn, what ever site you go to, you'll still be part of the 80% of losers. GL

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 09:43 AM
(#4)
Quote:
cant catch a hand,ak v ak v 77 and there goes my BR,must of lost at least 50 all ins in a row now on cash tables ,wowww wheres the luck factor let alone me having the maths in my favour.
I doubt you had a BR of $100.

By the way, AK vs AK vs 77, you only have 19% equity. You also 1-table for short sessions and you've been playing cash for about two days, so I'm guessing you've played about 200 hands. If you went AI in 50 of those hands, YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS LEARNING TO DO which is what we've been telling you for at least the year I've been here.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 10:44 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar
Lol.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 01:52 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Just for the record I have 6 days in the prop bet pool.

I would say bye,toodles,vaya con dios,auf wiedersehen,fare thee well,don't take no wooden nickels and a few others holdem but...well I know better.

Looking forward to something inane and pointless in a few days.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Just for the record I have 6 days in the prop bet pool.

I would say bye,toodles,vaya con dios,auf wiedersehen,fare thee well,don't take no wooden nickels and a few others holdem but...well I know better.

Looking forward to something inane and pointless in a few days.
Does it count if holdemace responds in this thread? Or does it have to be a new thread to count as a 'return' to the PSO forum?

Definitely be missed - the forum won't be the same without 'ace'

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Well went on advice tightened up etc,on the tables with 100bb and guess what cant win a race,cant hit a flop,cant catch a hand,ak v ak v 77 and there goes my BR,must of lost at least 50 all ins in a row now on cash tables ,wowww wheres the luck factor let alone me having the maths in my favour. SEE COMMENTS BELOW...

I really am going to quit this time,not quit poker just this site as truley does not matter wether i play,nit,tag,lag or any style of poker i still loose and cant win and its not my lack of skills or any conspiracies,its just i have really bad luck on this site compared to others,

Maybe it is the fact that of software users which when multitabling remind me of bots,or even the fact that we all have the same literature and learning and know each others games making it one huge stalemate.

Or maybe the fact that on other sites there are lesser players.

Either way have decided its time i went,yes you heard that one before I know lol but truly I cant win on here, and im not the minority i might add.

I would like to thank you all sincerely for putting up with the whining and everything else.
But in my quest to beat pokerstars and family situations been grim got my head into a proper pickle.

However i seem to slip into some strange style of play trying to force things to happen.
This however is because i was looking for an edge and trying to get to the top.

I think to any newbies out there that may be reading this I can offer some advice:

Pokerstars no ifs or buts you need tracking software

Stick to BR <bankroll> management- this is essental to survive

And as Daniels wife says,dont do nothing stupid!

Thanks mods and all who have helped me,

The money i have lost is irrelevant, the cost of knowledge is priceless.

OK,this actually IS directed at the newbie and struggling type players. Once again,as illustrated in his first statements here,holdem has taken PART of the advice he is given (always only the parts that holdem likes it would seem...) and then when it blows up in his face he finds that the advice was faulty.

Two things I glean from his statement that show that he most definitely did NOT follow the advice he was given...

1. Yes maybe he did sit with 100bb stacks at the tables,which is proper,but for him to blow his roll in 24 hours there is no way that he practiced proper BR discipline by attempting to do this NOW,when he was not properly rolled to do so. So again,as is always the case with this individual,he follows some of the advice,but not all,or even the most pertinent parts (i.e.,proper BR discipline),of said advice.

2. The part where he first says "tightened up" and then follows that with "must have lost 50 all-ins in a row". I'm not going to bother commenting on the validity of that statement but instead going to focus on,again,holdem's never ending problem of not being able to see the forest for the trees. Playing with a 100bb stack at the cash tables has TWO main purposes:

1. If you do play for stacks then you can maximize the profit in your winning hands (compare the hand holdem showed in his "flopped 2nd nuts" post---if he had $2.00 in front of him,instead of .84,he would have won a much more significant pot there,in the times that hand will hold up (which it will roughly 2/3's of the time).

2. Just for one let's examine his statement on the ak v ak v 77 hand---after watching holdem play enough hands I'm 99% certain that the stacks were all-in PRE-FLOP (that's also a symptom of 2NL in all honesty). The purpose of playing 100bb deep is that you ARE deep enough to play POST FLOP poker,instead of trying to "luckbox" your way through your sessions by constantly shoving your 20,30 or 40bb stacks all-in pre flop every time you have a hand.

Shoving your stack in,over and over and mostly pre-flop,is NOT tightening up and letting the other players make mistakes. There is no value betting,no post flop reads,no being able to find the fold button when a hand goes wrong and no thin value bets and calls at the river ( and many other things are left out as well),when you just ship your stack over and over again. In other words there is NO POKER in doing that.

Again,listens to part of the advice (play deep stacked) but not all of it,as he plays a deep stack as if it's a short stack.

Whether you are holdem or anyone else reading this I guarantee you that if you continue to make basic,easily correctable mistakes like this over and over then you are a losing player and will continue to be one.

On any site.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Jun 06, 2012 at 02:19 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 02:57 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Whether you are holdem or anyone else reading this I guarantee you that if you continue to make basic,easily correctable mistakes like this over and over then you are a losing player and will continue to be one.

On any site.
No, I completely disagree with you here. Other sites don't have outdated RNGs and/or are not rigged. They also have tinfoil hat alarms that warns you if you try to fire up a table without wearing your tinfoil hat.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
Well, good luck on the other sites, ace. Here's hoping you have more luck there than you've had here.

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 03:48 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocofsmeg View Post
Well, good luck on the other sites, ace. Here's hoping you have more luck there than you've had here.
Seriously holdemace - you could PM us your other sites and nick - maybe we can help you out a bit there too - (some of us do play on other sites as well - don't tell the mods) . We actually only respond here because it grieves us to see PSOers running bad. For all the time and effort you put in and your posts here you really have to improve your game at some point - you could be good - and poker is so much more fun if you don't lose all the time.

Good luck

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 11:25 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Holdem, I really thought you were finally getting it, that you figured out that we really were trying to help and that study and working on your game could help you become a winning player. I'm really sorry to see you falling back on the excuses again, you could have been a player instead of a gambler.

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 12:50 AM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Seriously holdemace - you could PM us your other sites and nick - maybe we can help you out a bit there too - (some of us do play on other sites as well - don't tell the mods) . We actually only respond here because it grieves us to see PSOers running bad. For all the time and effort you put in and your posts here you really have to improve your game at some point - you could be good - and poker is so much more fun if you don't lose all the time.

Good luck

Ed... Bumhunting. Sweeeeeet.

Good luck wherever else you go, holdem... It's shame I won't get to be on a table with you. I've watched you(against Fesk,) a few times, and... Damn. SUCH an easy read...

You wanna know why your AA always gets busted? Look at your hands and see the obvious.

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 02:28 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Bloody funny

I would say I'm gonna miss threads like these, but I just know there's gonna be another soon enough

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 05:53 AM
(#15)
Since: Mar 2011
its rigged run holdem run

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 08:45 AM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
You would all be so Bored if holdemace wasn't around any more

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 09:13 AM
(#17)
Since: Feb 2011
i've got tonight at 7 pm his time when aces get cracked again all in pre 100 deep

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 01:51 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2010
Sigh!!!

Well whatever you do with other site GOOD LUCK m8. Please listen to what other players been telling you for past year, they are trying to help you get back on track. Seem like ur not listening to us. I don't think it all about bad luck you been going through it how you played your cards. Sorry for your lost and leaving Pokerstar. Tell you the truth PS is the best site there ever will be.

P.S. I really enjoyed reading your post.

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
(#19)
Since: Nov 2011
ty all i have listened and now hopefully back on track

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com