Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Can't watch PSO live training

Old
Question
Can't watch PSO live training - Wed Jun 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey guys, was watching the live training by Dave when the video feed went dead halfway. Sound is good and everything but the window just shows an empty table.

Tried closing and re-opening, using another browser, restarting the comp n the modem, router, re-installing flash.. Almost everything I could think of.

Anyone else have this problem and most importantly, can anyone help!!

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 11:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Very puzzling wicked76. I was watching and had no problem. You best course of action would be to email support@pokerschoolonline.com.with the details of what happened.

Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 06, 2012, 11:25 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxing View Post
Very puzzling wicked76. I was watching and had no problem. You best course of action would be to email support@pokerschoolonline.com.with the details of what happened.

Doug

Yep.. 1st time it's happened to me too..
Will get in touch with support and see what happens..

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Hi wikked,

There wasn't any problem on my end as the trainer, and no one else expressed having any problem. This particular class format involves heavy participant discussion, the participants could see hands and cards the whole way through. Usually when there's a display problem on the user end simply refreshing your browser or closing/re-entering the room resolves it, so not sure what happened in your case but it does seem to be on your end. If you continue to experience this again please let us know.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 11:05 AM
(#5)
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
There's nothing wrong or faulty at your end cos everyone else was participating in the discussions, just me i reckon..

Anyways, looking forward to attend the next live training session!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi wikked,

There wasn't any problem on my end as the trainer, and no one else expressed having any problem. This particular class format involves heavy participant discussion, the participants could see hands and cards the whole way through. Usually when there's a display problem on the user end simply refreshing your browser or closing/re-entering the room resolves it, so not sure what happened in your case but it does seem to be on your end. If you continue to experience this again please let us know.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
Table outage - Thu Jun 07, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikked76 View Post
Hey guys, was watching the live training by Dave when the video feed went dead halfway. Sound is good and everything but the window just shows an empty table.

Tried closing and re-opening, using another browser, restarting the comp n the modem, router, re-installing flash.. Almost everything I could think of.

Anyone else have this problem and most importantly, can anyone help!!
I had the same problem.

I entered the session a few minutes late, and was waiting for the replayer to advance a street; it usually takes 1 street of action after you arrive late for a session, but alas, just an empty table. I've had problems with IE showing the table before, so I switched to Chrome, same problem. I followed the session by listening to Dave's precise verbal layout of the hand after each street - good job! I still don't know what was going on with my browsers, but will tune in today to see if the problem occurs again.

"May the cards be with you!"

Old
following thread - Thu Jun 07, 2012, 11:29 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
forgot to follow thread -

Is there another way to follow a thread if you don't reply to it?

"May the cards be with you!"

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 01:21 PM
(#8)
It looks like we can keep the tech gurus busy. Since your problem occurred when you tried to log in. king_spadez1, it might not be the same thing. You should also email support@pokerschoolonline.com and get them working to solve your problem.

Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 03:00 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
I had the same problem but as an observer, refreshed many times couldn't get the table to display.

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 03:50 PM
(#10)
It looks like Darkmajic365 should be another customer for support@pokerschoolonline.com. Busy folks over there today.

Let's hope they get this solved in record time
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 01:38 AM
(#11)
overslept n missed the sesssion last nite..

will try sunday's session n then see how's the situation again??

anyways, gl to all at?/on? the felt(s)

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 03:36 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Let us know what type of browser you are using when having these problems.

It sounds like it could a settings issue on individual browsers, where a members browser settings are blocking certain scripts.

The majority of members have no trouble. I attend Dave's class last night using Google Chrome and it worked fine. I'll try with a few different browsers on Sunday to see what happens.

Let us know which browser you are using and we can investigate this more.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 05:38 AM
(#13)
Hey Raiser

I'm currently using firefox, been using it for some time n it used to work fine with the live sessions. Watching the other training videos from the archives are no problem as well, funny but it just went kaput on the 1 live session..

Will try out Sunday's live session n get back to you guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Let us know what type of browser you are using when having these problems.

It sounds like it could a settings issue on individual browsers, where a members browser settings are blocking certain scripts.

The majority of members have no trouble. I attend Dave's class last night using Google Chrome and it worked fine. I'll try with a few different browsers on Sunday to see what happens.

Let us know which browser you are using and we can investigate this more.

Raiser

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 11:15 AM
(#14)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

I have the same problem and couldn't attend Dave's live training last night.

I tried Firefox and IE which is wrapped with standard McAfee Internet security firewall / anti-virus software.

These products are regularly updated on user computers when new security concerns need to be plugged and this seems to have stopped the training tool buffering.

I can hear audio and see / type chat but no table animation. There is a red circle with a line through it positioned top left of the training tool next to were the buffering stream graph and clock can be seen.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Jun 08, 2012 at 11:18 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 08, 2012, 10:06 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Hi,

I have the same problem and couldn't attend Dave's live training last night.

I tried Firefox and IE which is wrapped with standard McAfee Internet security firewall / anti-virus software.

These products are regularly updated on user computers when new security concerns need to be plugged and this seems to have stopped the training tool buffering.

I can hear audio and see / type chat but no table animation. There is a red circle with a line through it positioned top left of the training tool next to were the buffering stream graph and clock can be seen.

Hope this helps.

Hey ForrestFive,

That's exactly what I'm, going through...! Red cirecle and all...
You have any idea what's causing it and how to rectify the problem?

Old
Sat Jun 09, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#16)
Hi wikked76,

Hopefully support will look at the feed back in this thread and pass on the information to the programmers of the training tool.

I can only state my own observations. My Firefox browser had an update and the training tool stopped working as explained above.

McAfee security software has ScriptScan and SiteAdvisor Extensions embedded in the browser which I am NOT going to disable.

I'll try a live training session next week and see if it's fixed.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Jun 09, 2012 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: extensions not add-ons

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 02:08 PM
(#17)
Hello all,

All is well in frosty's live training session. No problems and the open button is there without a refresh.

Old
Sun Jun 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Hello all,

All is well in frosty's live training session. No problems and the open button is there without a refresh.

Hey Forrest,

Yea.. I'm at the session as well.. All good!!!

Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikked76 View Post
Hey Forrest,

Yea.. I'm at the session as well.. All good!!!
Good to hear that you all got sorted

Keep us updated of any other problems you may encounter as I do know that your feedback is being taken onboard!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 10:57 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Good to hear that you all got sorted

Keep us updated of any other problems you may encounter as I do know that your feedback is being taken onboard!

Raiser

Hey Raiser,

Will give you guys a holler if anything (fingers crossed) goes wrong again..
Thanks again

wikk

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com