Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Satalites

Old
Satalites - Thu Jun 07, 2012, 08:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
ChromeStar
Hi guys I have been playing a lot now and I was wanting to know about any strategy I should have?

Any advice would be nice.

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 09:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi 0Magic14. Because all places pay the same, satellite strategy is somewhat different from regular MTT strategy. TheLangolier made a video for the SCOOP satellites which will get you started on how to be successful playing satellites. It is available here.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 09:50 AM
(#3)
ChromeStar
Thanks for the link !

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 10:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 0Magic14!

For me, the key in satellites is to get the ticket, regardless. Once I get enough chips to get the ticket, I don't care what I'm dealt.... I'm NOT playing it, not AA, NOTHING. I don't take any unnecessary chances at all, for any reasons.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 07, 2012, 08:22 PM
(#5)
ChromeStar
Thank you John.

Thanks for the advice guys

see you at the tables/

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com